It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User
Cold Symptoms... Herxing??

Hi... Ticker or anyone that might be able to help... Yesterday, I got a sudden terrible cold... Total congestion, sinus headaches, nasal drips, sneezing, ear pain and jaw pain.. Its like the worst cold I ever had... I was wondering if anyone ever heard that these are symptoms of a die off?? Its around the time of the month that I usually herx, but I never had these symptoms before.. When my allergies act up it feels differently, so its not allergies.. Thanks for your help... Hope everyone is feeling well

Old 09-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Cold Symptoms... Herxing??

Hi Kelly. I am sorry you have this on top of everything else. It sounds like you have a cold. I think people who have Lyme can get sicker from them because our immune systems are weak.

Take really good care of yourself. Rest and drink a lot of fluids. I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 05:40 AM   #3
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Thanks Ticker... I was thinking it was just a cold myself but wanted to make sure... I feel better today... I havent had a cold in so long... but it makes sense that our immune systems are so weak... Iam surprised it didnt happen sooner..

Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
(male)

Tony64 HB User

Hi Kelly. I too had a bad cold middle of last week. I was better sunday but it also came around same time i herx. Today I am back to my normal self.
Hope you feel better.
Good luck.
Tony.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hi Tony... Thanks.. I feel alot better today... Do you have an appointment with Dr R this week? If so, good luck and let me know how it goes...

Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 AM   #6
(male)

Tony64 HB User

Hi Kelly. My appnt. is for the 11th. 9AM. I feel much better but have some muscle twiching occasionaly. I have about 4 more days of oral Zithro. and Minocycline. I expect he'll prescribe more orals next week, possibly another macrolide, at least. Last day of Rocephin will be the 25th. of october. Intestinal problems are gone and liver enzymes are within normal. When are you seeing LLMD again? Hope you are feeling overall positive with TX. and your health.
Good luck and keep me posted.
Tony.

Last edited by Tony64; 10-03-2007 at 06:33 AM.

Closed Thread