It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

kyle1 HB User
Neurological problems from lymes

Hello Everyone,

I have posted on here beforeabout my symptoms. I was wondering on here from everybodys expirience from lymes disease how many have neurological problems as one of there main complaints of lymes. I am going on my 4th year of what I have been told from Dr.Weisbren as chronic lymes disease. My nero problems are getting so bad now I can hardly see at night and I can barley read a sentence anymore. It's getting worse because were I am from is Minnesota and my Dr here won't treat me from Dr. Weisbrens findings because it isn't showing up in my blood work. Dr. Weisbren even wrote me a prescription for the picc line and to start getting treated imediatly because it was so bad. But to get treated from him would not be paid by insurance. If I could convince my Dr. here to treat me it would. Dr.Weisbren even wrote out oral treatements witch my Dr. here prescribed for me But I could not take them because I work outside and the antibiotics caused alot of sunburn.

But even with the oral's it has been to long for them to even do what I want them to do because I am having so many neuro problems. From what I have been reading IV treatment is the only way to go. I have been going to a neurologist for has long as this has been going on because they thought this was MS at first but my neuro doesn't believe that it's MS. So I am a huge believer that it's lymes because I have had just about every symptom that it says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Neurological problems from lymes

Hi Kyle. There are other oral antibiotics you can take that do not cause sun sensitivity. Why not call the Lyme doctor and ask him to presribe you something that does not cause this.

You may want to appeal your insurance company's denial.

Closed Thread