It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

silentstones HB User
? totally cured from Lyme ?

Hi , this is Keith , Debi's husband . We have recently been introduced to hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HBOT ) for Lyme. Has anyone out there had any experience with HBOT ? Secondly, is anyone completely cured from Lyme after more than 3 or 4 years of infection? Debi is 18 years sick and counting ,we've tried dozens of Dr.s and formulas, programs , treatments ,concoctions , etc. etc. ! Please , is anyone out there completely cured ? Sorry to whine , love to you all , Keith

Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: ? totally cured from Lyme ?

Hi Keith, I have never done the HBO but heard it is good. Have no idea if it is a cure all ...

I just wanted to say I had/have Lyme for about 20 years and for the last 8 years been doing antibiotics pretty much full time...To be honest I don't know if we are so called "cured" but I am better....I just keep chuggin along...
and trying every thing that I can..I am also on antivirals now since I was never really treated for virus's...and lord did I get them....

I don't know if that is much help...but I think those of us that have it chronically can look froward to feeling better....

Keep searching for answers..you just might find the right one!

Hugs to you both!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Keith. What part of TN are you in?

I think HBO has been helpful for some, but I don't know if it has lasting benefits. From what I understand, you should not do it if you have Babesiosis. I cannot remember where I read this though.

How long has Debi been getting treated? Does she have co-infections? Has she been tested for them recently? Having co-infections can interfere with Lyme treatment progress. Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. This was true in my case.

It can take time to tell if treatment is working. It can also take time to recover, especially when someone has been infected for some time.

Hang in there okay? Debi is very lucky to have your support.

Last edited by ticker; 10-02-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
(female)

silentstones HB User

Thanks , Deb has been on iv rocephin for about 4 months now , some improvement noted but too slow to stop the rapid deteriation in her spine.Theory is that after recent 3 spine surgeries this normally ssealed spinal tissues are now open to Lyme parasite infections . W virtually no physical activity in past 2 years she has developed 4 new ruptured disc w/ more surgery now recommended .Argh !!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Deb and Keith...I was told to have my neck fused, carpel tunnel, that my back was deterioating and I needed surgery on all of them..I kept going to the chiro 3 to 4 times a week...Well one has to stop and think these were doctors that were surgeons...I never had any of the surgeries..just wore braces neck wrist and back for "years" now that I have been into tretment (antiviotics) for a while now...I NO LONGER HAVE ANY pain!

My neck and back seem strong..my writst work...I truly feel now it was all bacteria (s) and virus's in the tissue and bone and muscle...makes everythig soft and weak....I haven't even been to a chro in atleast a year...

I would not have any cortizone injections...no one told me but it eats the bone too...surgery I would really try and stay away from...those doctors were all wrong!!!

hugs

Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hello keith and deb.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through so much right now!

I have only heard of one experience with h.o.t. The person found that it did relieve symtpoms.

It was offered to me by my LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor) but I'm strapped for cash so I had to pass.

I have heard that prices for hyperbaric tank sessions are going down, so you may be able to find a place where the cost is reasonable.

I think it works on the same principle of intravenous hydrogen peroxide, it forces oxygen into the blood stream and tissues creating an environment which the bacteria hate.

I'm sure deb or you told me before and I forgot, but do you have an LLMD? Has she been tested for Lyme and co-infections? Has she been treated at all?

Long term illness is bad enough - but with back problems and those ruptured disks - yikes - you guys have been through the ringer!

Hang in there. It can be scary and overwhelming.

Peace and health to you both,
Mickie

p.s. I believe there are folks who are recovered from Lyme. They may not post here anymore because they are out living their lives, back to work, back to going to the gym, back to taking vacations, back to shopping, business trips and going out to dinner. A few of them post just to let us know there is life after Lyme. I pray that someday you and deb will be just like them.

Closed Thread