It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User
"No basis for Chronic Lyme Disease"

I was wondering if anyone had an opportunity to read this article in the Hartford Current and what they thought about it.

I'm going to edit it out of the post. I just realized it is copywrited material.

Last edited by itsmylife; 10-05-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User
Re: "No basis for Chronic Lyme Disease"

I just read it. It seemed rather one sided and didn't have much factual data to back up the statements.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Bill S HB User

Prettu much a hack job by super egotistical docs who prefer to ignore any research not done by their buddies in the same organization. Sorry, 19000+ articles about Lymes not done by ISDA hacks is more persuasive than a buncha ID docs who have their heads up their butts

Anytime I see these guys talk about "cost-effective" treatment, I know I'm dealing with an insurance company lackey. And since long term abx is ROUTINELY given for ACNE, fer-christ sakes, I don't buy their argument that it's unsafe. There ARE risks, and for sure, abx use needs to be monitored. But to say oh my god, you're gonna die from taking abx for more than 30 days, aw bull.

But I expect that the insurance companies will latch upon this eagerly to deny more people treatment. I frankly don't get it. If people are still sick and going from doc to doc, doing expensive tests most times, it costs the insurance companies MORE money than just adequately treating.

Lets see here, 3-6 months of oral abx for a person who is sick soon after a tick bite/rash/initial symptoms What, maybe $900-1500. Instead, they deny and the person gets sicker. Now this person goes to say 5 docs trying to find out what the frack is wrong with them. 5 sets of whatever tests the docs run has to be more than $900. To say nothing of what a couple-3 months of IV meds cost after they've gone downhill into neuro-Lyme. And they probably don't get well since the doc is ignorant (uses ISDA protocol) and doesn't use a second abx to kill the cyst form. Poof, there is a recurrence, despite their mantra that there IS NO recurrence after 30 days abx.

I'd love to see THEM get sick with Lymes so they can experience the loveliness of our inadequate health care system when it comes to Lymes...

Old 10-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I agree completely. This just reiterates how we all need to be advocates for people w/ Lyme's and ourselves.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Maybe this was not a positive thing for me to post. Sorry about that. I think I was just really shocked that it seems very backwards and I was looking for some feed back.

I think this is the last straw for me and I really feel like I have to get involved somehow. I am going to do some searches on support groups close to the Meriden CT area. If anyone knows of some, I'd appreciate the info.

Closed Thread