It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Babesia question...

I know I had some form of Babesia, I have never been on the med's that many of you take for Babesia. I don't have the sweats and chills anymore...BUT what I do have is trouble breathing...Yes I use to smolke and I have talked to people that have emphasema...sorry for the spelling..or a lady that had her lung removed because of cancer...BUT the way mine works is I can go a day or so or a week then I am like a fish out of water...

so could a person have the protosoas in their lungs still and not have the other symptoms??

What are your thoughts!

Thank You for any replies...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Babesia question...

Hi jojo. I don't know the answser to your question.

Did you test positive for Babesiosis? How long ago? Why weren't you treated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Ticker ...No never was treated for it. The doctors I saw were involved in Lyme Disease...One of them had it and his family... I had pendings on my lab test for Babesia...I was throwing up, anoxiea, major sweating...major migranes...(had the symptoms) and I had the marks for the Bartonella...but over time was given the right med's for this from what I have seen on the board here..

I am just trying to figure out isn't Babesia the one that gives you the craving for air?? I was just thinking maybe if like the Lyme bacteria (s) hang on inside in dormancy if these other's can do that also...

Then I get to wondering it maybe this problem I have with the eggs on my head and blood vessels and arteries blocked off from the EBV and CMV and other bacteria (s) and such..Maybe this is what is going on with my lungs...

Shoot I don't know ...just throughing that idea out there...

Thank You for the reply....

Hugs

Old 10-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Rodney Thank You for reply...I am like you I "Truly" feel that there is a cause for everything our bodies do. Such as your Dad with Asthma. I knew in my mind when I was told ...You have fibro...I knew back then that noooo way was I goingt to live with the word Fibro ...and feel the way that I felt...I know the mind is pretty amazing but I really felt it wasn't my mind that was making me run fevers, swollen lymph nodes, losing the ability to walk and use my arms...Come on who do these people think they are that are G.P's or neurologist..or ugh!!

Anyway the doctor I see now he really has gottem me to thinking liek you said that seems like majority of our health problems most likely are bacteria (s) virus's protosa's, microbacteriums...dang ummm wonder what else...

I know when I was over load with some of those issues and my neck, wrist, arms, ribs, back...were in soooo much pain and my bones were lose and my muscles really weak...AND I was told by bone doctors that I had better have surgery to correct these things...Rodney I know longer have those problems...so that is pretty trippie...

THEN when I started losing my taste couple years ago and the roof of my mouth turned BLACK and the right side of my nose the smells I couldn't smell anymore...and the pressure and pain behind my right eye...I also lost the abiltiy to dream and lost the sensations to feel hot and cold...or to FEEL emotioins...crazy stuff isn't it...

So I talked to the doctor that I am seeing now and asked him about the aliens on my head he agreed YES bacteria (s) and virus (s) and all the rest most likely are what these things are..soooo the last time we talked I brought up to him okay...SO Epstein Barr Virus and the other herpe virus s can also get into the blood vessels, tissue, muscle. ect...and yes they can he says...What he is treating me for the the Chlamydia Pnuemoniae bacteria. From reading up on it and Dr. Charles Stratton's protocol on it this is what is causing ALOT of conditons we all have..The doc I see is a Fibro/Cfs doc. BUT he looks outside of the box in his studies...that bacteria (s) and al the rest are our problems...

My muscles like my lungs still go through these periods ...just like last week dang if I didn't have to slow down and just lay in my chair and watch t.v. I can honestly feel the things in my head not working right. I can't mentally function correctly. I am like looking out a muddy window...And my moods I have to watch when I go through these...grrrrrrrr....it sucks....So when people say do you get cured of Lyme...I say we get better...not when you have had it for eons of years..and then all of the other bacteria , micro bacteriums, protosa's and virus's invade us...kind of like a rotting carcus...ewww...

Yes like you Rodney I know in my heart there are just a couple more peices to my puzzle. I talk with my doc on the phone on the 23rd. I think I might ask him to put me on one of the babeisa medcines and see what happens...

I do know I made a good call when I asked him to put me on Valcyte...oh man that has been something I needed all along...It has helped to open up the temporal artery on the right side of my head...It is just amazing how all of the years I have been trying so hard to find so called doctors to open there flippni minds about this...and all I have done is find "2" in person that can look ourside that box...

anyway thanks Rodney for your response. I love to read and read about different things..I hope you find your missing links too.. I am excited to see how this product does for you. It is great it helped Mike. I am also looking into trying "neem" . the guy at the healthfood store told me about it. I just might order some ..it is good for virus's and bacterias sides other things...

Have a great Day!!!

Hugs

Stay storng youi are on the right track!!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
(male)

ron1243 HB User

Hey itsmylife, are you Rodney
I am on this lyme board looking for answers and experience. My story is in June of 2006 i was dx's with MS. Went through all the testing- three spinal MRI's and one of brain. lession found on C4 level and have many classic MS problems and symptons. I am confident in the dx.
In the past 15 months new symptom not consistant with MS have also came up and are as big a problem for me as the MS stuff.
Your post on this thread caught my attention. I think there is an underlying problem. Right now shoulder and elbow pain are stealing my life, along with hip, knee, ankle, and wrist pain. In that order. People on the MS board hardly aknowledged my post because these are not MS sx. I have had blood test for arthrits that came back negative. Seds rate is one of the lowest my Dr. has ever seen. Lumbar puncture came back neg. for lyme.
I have severe headaches again not a classic MS sx but some people do have them. Mine are not normal headaches like i have had in the past.
I am not crying to you. Just excited to see your post and someone thinking on the same lines.
I also have back pain, muscle pain, asthma in the fall, and ringing ears. This has been normal stuff for over twenty years. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Old 10-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Yes. My thoughts are you need a accurate positive test to validate your symptoms.
The problem with Lyme testing and co infections are that your body must be strong enough to produce IGM antibodies for conclusive diagnosis.
Many peoples that are infected, take a huge hit and are in a flu like state, sometimes for years. Their body cannot make the proteins needed to show up as an IGM response to diagnose for Lyme and tick born illnessness.
My route was to use daily detox baths with two bottles of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to clear my cells of debris and also strengthen with Andrographis. It took two years of this process and lots of herxing...but I believed in myself and ultimately I finally got my immune system strong enough to respond to these illnesses and test positive for Lyme, Babesia and Ehrlichia.
I believed in myself. I was right. And now I am getting treatment.
If you are exhausted from illness, I just don't think you will have the ability to form the antigens to prove what is the cause of the illness.
Please let me know if that makes sense.

Last edited by itsmylife; 10-08-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
(female)

gebe HB User

Hi Jojo,
I just wonder, you say you are treated for Chlamydia pn. Are there reliable tests for this infection? I got some tips that this infection can cause secondary porphyria, and then you can get this dark urine (that made me think of babesia). It is such a puzzle to finde out of these things, and the MDs are not much of a help.

BW
Gebe

Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nope the non-speaclilized doctors are not looking outside of the box on alot of things. It is all black and white to them. It amazes me that with the schooling they have to go through that majority of them wouldn't think WOW there is more to this than is being said ....anyway...yes we need to do the foot work for them. AND then find a doctor that will look outside the box with us and go from there...

IF you read up on Dr. Charles Stratton and Chlamydia Pnumoniae or the Vanderbilt protocol. You will see that these doctors (researchers) are looking oustside the box. The doctor I see does Dr. Stratton's protocol for the C.P. bacteria. From what I have learned is that this little bacteria is suppose to be worse than the Lyme bacteria in the sense it is "earsier" to spread...Such as we cough it spreads we sneeze it spreads. From what I understand "everyone" just about has this bacteria. Just like lyme it imbeddes itself in muscle, brain, lungs, organs, ect. So depending on how your immune system is you can wind up with M.S., Fibro, demintia, alshiemers, some cancers, ect....Read up on it. It is quit interesting...So goes what IML and I were talking about...there are reasons why people get ill. Not just because it happens...

The doctor I see just had a blood test on me at a regular lab. Just a titer test ....

Just like Lyme it takes along time depending on eachperson to rid yourself of this bacteria...and you definatley need to get you immune system strengthened to fight it off...

Now even with this you need to find a doctor that will do it. I went to my regular G.P. after I was put on the protocol. And oh my gosh he didn't want to hear such nonsense. In their eyes when you get resperiatory problems, bronchitis ect...it only takes 10 days worth of antibiotics to rid the bacteria...WHICH is "not" true. Just like the lyme bacteria it has cells and such.

When a person is going through what majority of us are going through...We need to look even further than okay I just have Lyme. As we have learned there is more than even just "one" Lyme bacteria...There are think I heard about 300 strains... in my head I don't believe that all of these strains act the same...maybe some harder to kill off than others???

Then we have to look at all of the co-infections...and learn for our own selves what protosa's and bacteria (s) and microbacterium (s) do.

Then we have to look at virus's. Some tend to think that virus's are worse than baceteria...beings virus's you don't kill ...you just put them back into dormancy...

Also from what I have learned some doctors treat the Lyme bacteria and C.P. bacteria seperately...

Phew another cup of coffee anyone haha...

So in my own experience these so called doctors that I went and was made to go to over the last 20 years...Depending on the type of doctor you go to...If you go to a orthopedic then you have bone, disc damage and need surgery...
If you go to a shrink then you are labeled a bi-polar split personality...and need drugs...If you go to a ENT for sinus's then you have something wrong and need surgery...BUT in my case it took years to get back up on my feet. I no longer go to doctors. I have had it. (Except the specailist I am seeing)I am not doubled over in pain anymore, my neck, back, wrist aren't in pain anymore...ect...

Oh I am soooo happy I didn't let them fuse my neck or mess with the disc in my back. Or do carpel tunnel surgery...Once the bacteria (s) were gotten under control. It is gone. I no longer take antidpressants...sleeping meds. Uppers or downers...All it is taking is supplements and more antibiotics and antivirals...

Something truly is wrong with this piciture....I must say I have kept alot of doctors rolling in the dough!

I still don't understand the why's they can take "one" doctor and fire him cause he treated someone that supposedly didn't have lyme. But then ALL of these doctors that I have gone through can just keep practing...Now figure that one out!

Okay I'm done...lol....

Hugs

Old 10-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
(female)

gebe HB User

Hey Jojo,
I have only been into this game for about a year, -when I started to raise questions about this CFS/ME diagnosis they gave my son. And by now I can really understand what you are talking about...

The other day I was chatting with a colleague, about who are becoming medical doctors. In Norway it is a high status profession, the students that are best at doing their homework and producing the correct answers at the exams, will get the highest score and they are allowed to study medicine. The do so, not because they are interested in helping people, but because of status and money. And they often get their good exams because they never question the text books, they believe that what is written in a book is the truth, and they reproduce these truths at the exam. Those people will never look outside the box.

My son found a nice quotation somewhere on the internet: "To repeat what others have said, requires education. To challenge it, requires brains"

Gebe

Closed Thread