It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User
Hi, I'm new & On the Salt & Vit C ... anyone else?

Hi, I'm new. I'm on the salt and vitamin c protocol. I'm wondering if anyone else here is using it? If so, for how long? How are you doing?

Old 10-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
(female)

lymesgal HB User
Re: Hi, I'm new & On the Salt & Vit C ... anyone else?

Hi LymieGirl

I, myself, have not tried the salt and vit. C BUT I was very interested in it when I first found it on the internet. I changed my mind when no one on this site, or on others, ever talked about it. I think I mentioned it when I first came to the boards and nobody had anything to say about it. I thought maybe it was just another one of those money-makers for someone...

How long have you been on the salt and vit. C? I would love to know how it does for you! Please let us know!

I hope someone else responds to this so we can all know!

good luck!
Lymesgal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User

[SIZE="2"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymesgal View Post
Hi LymieGirl

I, myself, have not tried the salt and vit. C BUT I was very interested in it when I first found it on the internet. I changed my mind when no one on this site, or on others, ever talked about it. I think I mentioned it when I first came to the boards and nobody had anything to say about it. I thought maybe it was just another one of those money-makers for someone...

How long have you been on the salt and vit. C? I would love to know how it does for you! Please let us know!

I hope someone else responds to this so we can all know!

good luck!
Lymesgal
Hi, Lymesgal...

I've been on the Salt and Vit c protocol for about 5 months now. I thought I was improving, but have suffered a major relapse. I have lost faith in the salt and vitamin c treatment.

Last edited by LymieGirl; 10-11-2007 at 04:09 AM. Reason: I have lost faith in the salt and vitamin c treatment.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User

I have lost faith in the salt and vitamin c treatment.

Last edited by LymieGirl; 10-11-2007 at 04:07 AM. Reason: I have lost faith in the salt and vitamin c treatment.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

How true is it that you will see the bugs exiting the body??? That seems crazy to me.. I would freak out if I saw that

Old 10-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly5907 View Post
How true is it that you will see the bugs exiting the body??? That seems crazy to me.. I would freak out if I saw that
I don't have the answer to this, Kelly.

Last edited by LymieGirl; 10-11-2007 at 04:08 AM. Reason: I have lost faith in the salt and vitamin c treatment.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

bigstan HB User

Hey LymieGirl, Can a person be on antibiotics and the salt and vitamin c treatment at the same time? Just wondering if this is safe.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstan View Post
Hey LymieGirl, Can a person be on antibiotics and the salt and vitamin c treatment at the same time? Just wondering if this is safe.

Hi, Big Stan.

I don't know if you can do salt and vitamin c at the same time as antibiotics, but I have lost faith in salt and vitamin c now. This morning I woke up and could hardly walk again. The milky film is back over my eyes, too.

I think the cure for Lyme is still out there, but apparently salt and vitamin c doesn't do it.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

bigstan HB User

I'm having the same symptoms as yourself. My eyes are sticky, crusty, and just beat red when I wake up. My ears ring and hiss constantly. I too can barely walk. Worse yet my neck and head makes crunchy noises when I turn my head to the left, right, or look up and down. It's completly frustrating, and so depressing. I was just looking for other alternatives when I came across your post.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hi bigstan,

I've had the same problem with my neck and the doctors didn't know what it was and it was just kind of ignored like it was no big deal. It was so loud, my husband could hear it everytime I would turn my head. It was nonstop. It was like a clicking sound. After about 2 yrs. it just finally quit clicking like that. It still does a little bit sometimes but not as loud and crackly like it use to be. I told my doctors, SOMETHING is different because your neck doesn't start clicking like that out of no where! it drove me nuts because you know all about how loud it actually is to you, inside your head...it's like eating crunchy cereal, ha. (captain crunch!) Hopefully, in time, yours will go away, too. Good luck!

I still have a bad case of TMJ, I've had it for about 5 yrs. Do you have any problems with that? I've tried everything, nothing works. It gets a little better from time to time but I still have the loud clicks there, just like I had in my neck.

And to Kelly...I read all about the lyme actually crawling out of the skin also and out of the eyes! How creepy is that? I don't really want to see them crawling out of my body! I'd rather get the ones in my skin with abx, ya know? And since LymieGirl says it doesn't work, I'll take her word for it. I would think that all that salt would not be good for you and would bloat you up? Anyways, I read that people actually put the spots they saw coming out of their skin under a microscope and could see the lymies. They mentioned them like small paper cuts out of no where on their hands, etc...but if it was microscopic how could you even see them to get them? I do not want things crawling out of my eyes anyway!

Good day to all
Lymesgal

Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstan View Post
I'm having the same symptoms as yourself. My eyes are sticky, crusty, and just beat red when I wake up. My ears ring and hiss constantly. I too can barely walk. Worse yet my neck and head makes crunchy noises when I turn my head to the left, right, or look up and down. It's completly frustrating, and so depressing. I was just looking for other alternatives when I came across your post.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Hey, Stan...

I live in Michigan, too. Small world.

I have the "neck crunchies", too. It doesn't hurt, but when I turn my head it makes crunching or popping noises in my neck. They're not that loud, but awful just the same, like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I have a lot of weird symptoms:

- limited eye mobility (I can't turn my eyes far to the left or to the right)

- "milky" vision

- a "strobe light" effect at the corners of my vision (not constant, but
several times a day)

- sinus problems (right sinus is much worse than left)

- leg and foot cramps and pain

- partial paralysis of the legs (can walk, but with difficulty)

- vertigo (comes and goes)

- brain fog, difficulty concentrating or finding the right word (comes and goes)

- my back went out last spring (that didn't last more than a week,
thank God. It felt like I'd actually cracked a bone! I could hardly
walk and could not stand up straight for a week. I walked like I was
90 years old. I'm in my early 40s. )

- bladder pain. (Tested negative for a common bladder infection. It's the
Lyme.)

- nausea (comes and goes)

- headaches (comes and goes)

- shortness of breath (comes and goes)

- arthritis in one finger

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Lyme sure ain't no walk in the park...or if it is, it's a wheelchaired roll thru the park.

LymieGirl

Old 10-12-2007, 04:53 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi LymieGirl, welcome to the board!

I am sorry this protocol did not work for you. How long have you been sick? Have you considered seeing a Lyme doctor?

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

It is very important to see a kowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab.

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. To me, some of your symptoms sound like they could be from Babesiosis.

If you need a doctor recommendation, let us know.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses (on-line). He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know about Lyme Disease
(2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:22 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi LymieGirl, welcome to the board!

I am sorry this protocol did not work for you. How long have you been sick? Have you considered seeing a Lyme doctor?

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

It is very important to see a kowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab.

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. To me, some of your symptoms sound like they could be from Babesiosis.

If you need a doctor recommendation, let us know.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses (on-line). He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know about Lyme Disease
(2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Thanks, Ticker, but getting info on a Lyme Literate doctor wouldn't help. My own doctor put me on antibiotics for 2 months (about a year ago) and declared me "cured". The antibiotics were just starting to take the edge off when he stopped them. I tried to tell him that I still had major Lyme symptoms, but he said I was "cured" anyway. After I went of the antibiotics, my Lyme came back full blown. He won't put me on antibiotics again and my insurance won't cover any doctor outside of him without a referral from him.

I've had Lyme about 7 years, but wasn't diagnosed until right before the antibiotics.

At this point, I'm thinking of herbal supplements, maybe Arteseium (sp?)

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll buy it if I can ever read a decent-sized book again! My concentration level is pretty bad right now. Reader's Digest is about my max.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi LymieGirl. I think we can all understand the inability to concentrate that you are experiencing.

It definitely sounds like you were not treated long enough and likely not aggressively enough.

Maybe there is a way you could see a Lyme doctor? It is very important to see someone who is knowledgable.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

bigstan HB User

Hey LymieGirl, Your symptoms are exactly like mine. I probably got bitten by the brother or sister of the tick that bit you. Just curious do you think that you got Lyme in MI. Or did you travel out of state and get it? So many doctors told me Lyme isn't in MI. Untill I found the right one who did the right tests. He believes in treating long term. If you want info on him let me know. What county do you live in?

Closed Thread