It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

rubypinktoes HB User
Lymerex

I had two Lymerex vaccines ... February 9, 2000 and then March 12, 2000. When I went back the following year for the third vaccine I was told that it was taken off the market due to lack of effectiveness. In November 2006, after 18 months of bouncing around from doctor to doctor, I was diagnosed with Lyme. My clinical diagnosis is Neuroborreliosis with Babesiosis. My Lyme-literate MD told me that the vaccines that I received initially compounds to the tick bite and that there was a class action suit and it was suggested that I get on the list. I did contact a lawyer in NY who was handling this one in particular and was told that 'it was already closed' due to the amount of people participating. I'm wondering if I have any other options.

A response would be most welcome as I still struggle trying to manage my daily activities. I am currently on Social Security Disability due to this disease.

Thank you for your time.

<do not post your real name. Read the rules before psoting.>

Old 10-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Lymerex

Hi rubypinktoes, welcome to the board!

I am sorry you are so sick. From what I understand, the vaccine was pulled because many people had problems with it. I think approximately 30% of the population has a gene that predisposes them to getting severe arthritis if they got the vaccine.

What meds are you taking? Are you treating the Babesiosis first? Were you tested for all the co-infections?

It is important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses (on-line). He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know about Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Hang in there okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread