It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User
Cross Roads

This is just genuine interest I have. An interest in an honest opinion about a "what if" situation.
We all see and hear about so many people being denied care for Lyme disease. We don't have reliable tests. The most disturbing is the denial of a chronic illness after several courses of antibiotics.
What if, someone who was diagnosed with Lyme disease via an IGM positive western blot and received the "curable" protocol, if after say.....two months, three months, even four months of IV treatment was to pass away, and donate their body for study....just to prove the persistence Lyme Disease and it's effects on the body.
Instead of headlines like "No basis for chronic Lyme Disease" I wonder if anyone would be interested in "Man donates body to revolutionize Lyme controversy."
Would it make a difference to find that the Lyme bacteria still exist in all tissues of the body even after treatment? Would headlines like this make national news in comparison to "Man on shooting spree at McDonalds?"
Would a man with the purpose of helping thousands of destroyed people and familys man be recognized for making the ultimate sacrifice be taken seriously....I wonder....I wonder a lot....I wonder if it could make a difference for the hundreds of thousands whose lives are ruined.
Would he be a hero? Do Heros still is itmake headlines or or are they still just reserved for ugly crimes.

Last edited by itsmylife; 10-11-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
(female)

lymesgal HB User
Re: Cross Roads

Hi Itsmylife,

Maybe... someone, somewhere, has already donated his or her body for lyme research and it never did make the headlines? Maybe we just never heard about it? Hmmmm....

Very well said!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
(female)

lymesgal HB User

And also, I now want to donate my body to lyme research! What a great idea! wonder how we can do that....???

Old 10-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

I'm going to discuss that with my doctor tomorrow.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #5
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hey, Itsmylife, me too! I'm seeing my LLMD toay, which is Fri. 12th, I'm just up late...it's 2:32 am....I'll ask my doc and we'll compare notes!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Great thnking Rodney...I have mentioned to a couple of doctors I don't know why you don't use me as a guinea pig...Beings I have therse "alien" beings on my head...

No one seems to want to jump on it...and you know I still haven't found "anyone" who is interested! I just don't get it...

Hope you both have good appts with your doctors today...Let us know how it goes!

Hugs

Last edited by jojo; 10-12-2007 at 05:54 AM.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
This is just genuine interest I have. An interest in an honest opinion about a "what if" situation.
We all see and hear about so many people being denied care for Lyme disease. We don't have reliable tests. The most disturbing is the denial of a chronic illness after several courses of antibiotics.
What if, someone who was diagnosed with Lyme disease via an IGM positive western blot and received the "curable" protocol, if after say.....two months, three months, even four months of IV treatment was to pass away, and donate their body for study....just to prove the persistence Lyme Disease and it's effects on the body.
Instead of headlines like "No basis for chronic Lyme Disease" I wonder if anyone would be interested in "Man donates body to revolutionize Lyme controversy."
Would it make a difference to find that the Lyme bacteria still exist in all tissues of the body even after treatment? Would headlines like this make national news in comparison to "Man on shooting spree at McDonalds?"
Would a man with the purpose of helping thousands of destroyed people and familys man be recognized for making the ultimate sacrifice be taken seriously....I wonder....I wonder a lot....I wonder if it could make a difference for the hundreds of thousands whose lives are ruined.
Would he be a hero? Do Heros still is itmake headlines or or are they still just reserved for ugly crimes.
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I'm concerned for you after reading your post. I know you've gone through unspeakable trials and I hope that you aren't considering giving in. I hope I'm completely wrong I just want to make sure you're okay and not thinking about harming yourself. We all care dearly for you and want to make sure you're okay. You're a hero to all of us for your determination and heart. Don't give up.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Noooo Keylyme...I didn't take what you said wrong. You are pretty bright to pick up on that.
Thanks for your kind words!

Rodney

Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
(female)

roro HB User

many autopsies have already been done showing live spirochetes in the brain tissues and other tissues of people with alzheimers, MS, ALS and many other diseases.

it makes no difference to the IDSA members or their guidelines. they are a pack of criminals who do not care in the least about science or proof. no matter what science proves their beliefs wrong, they will not budge in their ideas. the only way to stop them will be by prosecution or getting their liscences to practice taken away.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #10
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hey Roro,

Wow, I didn't even think about it in that way at all ....I'm glad you did. That just shows how brain fogged I am ....sometimes I just DON'T think right. I just thought it was a good idea, hadn't heard of anyone doing it. No clue....

Itsmylife, I'm sorry, I hope you are feeling better...

That kind of tells you what kind of week I've had! Or should I say last TWO weeks! grrrrrrrrr

Old 10-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
Noooo Keylyme...I didn't take what you said wrong. You are pretty bright to pick up on that.
Thanks for your kind words!

Rodney
I know things are terribly difficult for you right now. I know I have my days where I want to "throw in the towel". But I know that's not God's plan for me. Since I've been in this dark place of Lyme's, I have become closer to God. He is the only strength I have. I know that I can't get through this without God's help. I hope you don't mind me asking but do you have a faith?

Rodney, your children need you and also we need you. Your work is not finished here on earth.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

How did the doctor appt go yesterday???

Sending you big hugs !!!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:20 AM   #13
(female)

roro HB User

I am sorry if I sounded callous or cold in my post, I didn't mean it that way at all. I know all too well the hopelessness we who suffer from this disease sometimes feel and the dark places it can make us go to. I myself was looking into physician assisted suicide. I would never do it myself, because I want my family to be able to get my life insurance, but I figured if it was physician assisted it wouldl count as a medical procedure. I was looking into sweden and oregon, and making plans to establish residency in oregon just a few short months ago.
Now that I am gettinng treatment, I do not have the intractable pain I had then, and the fevers are far less often.
the suicide rate among lyme disease sufferers is higher than any other disease. what does that say?

hang in there, it does get better. i know that is not very comforting to someone who is suffering now.

Closed Thread