It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Meeting with Dr. P in CT on Monday

and I'm a nervous wreck.

I've been documenting how I've been feeling recently (RUBBISH) and things that have happened over the past 8 years since I first had the symptoms and was treated.

I've rustled up medical records from my first issues, when the bells paulsey hit and then more recent ones. I didn't get ALL records over the past 8 years, but I can sum up a lot of it.

I have my igenex test kit if I need it, to bring with me.

I have the money, well I have my credit card to pay for the appointment. With our house undergoing full renovation, money is so tight right now but I know this is what I have to do.

I'm just nervous. Mostly, that he'll say there is nothing they can do and about the mass amounts of blood they will take OMG. Thank god my mommy is coming with me.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Meeting with Dr. P in CT on Monday

Hi Aimiloo. I am glad you will be seeing Dr. P. I think you will be relieved when he listens to you and is willing to help. I am gald your mom is going with you.

Write down any questions you have ahead of time so you don't forget any. First appointment can be busy.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hey! Good luck Amiloo! Let us know how it goes!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

You know this is fascinating, looking back at my old records.

I was told NUMEROUS times I did not have Lyme. Even when my bells paulsey hit it was a 'maybe'

Now i'm looking at some of my tests and in 1998, when i KNEW I had it, on my WB IgG bands 66 and 41 show up.

Then I look at my ones from 1999 when my bells paulsey came into play, and I have IgG 4/IgM 41 and 23

UGH. No these weren't from Igenex, it was 8 years ago and I had no idea about this disease, it's just shocking.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

wow- too bad you did not have help like this stite back then. Good luck on Monday! I am anxious to hear how it goes!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aimiloo, this is terrible. Make sure you tell Dr. P. all of this.

You are on your way to getting the help you need.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:38 AM   #7
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

i am realizing i left those blood test results on my desk at work ARG. Luckily i'd posted this on here, so i wrote it down to take to the DR! I have lots more records to share with him so here I go!!!!!

A

Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good luck Aimiloo! Let us know how it goes.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Met with Dr. P in CT TODAY

I really, really like this man. He's smart, you can tell this immediately and a little bit quirky and I love that. Sometimes doctors seem *too* perfect, and Dr. P was just a good fit for me.

We talked my history, i showed him a lot of tests and charts. He instantly noticed my swelling in my hands, but said i'm in a good place. That i'm pretty sharp after the brief physical and we talked how to proceed. He said I wasn't treated properly, his wording was 'that's an intresting combonation of drugs' when I told him how I was treated in the beginning with the BElls in 1999. (It was prednizone and zitrhomax).

So now I go for blood tests (17 checked off AYE) but no western blot since it's been a long time and my old bits showed levels. He's testing for co-infections as well as tons of other things. With the numbness in my arms as well as my disconnected feelings I'm getting an MRI of the head and neck (UGH for a chlostrobobic person like me). I have a week long work event in 2 weeks time that I have to work and I couldn't take the risk of going on tetricyclin and Herxing. So we're going to wait for the tests to come back and take a more informed approach then.

It was time and money well spent. He and I also talked about the odds of me passing anything on to a child, since I was infected 7 years ago. There isn't a lot on it formally, so it really is anyone's guess, but we talked a lot about other people's experiences.

All in all, it was a great day and I'm not happy about the MRI and blood tests but that is because i am a wuss.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 AM   #10
(female)

PollyGirl HB User

Hi Aimiloo ~ I am really glad your appt went well with Dr P. I am also gathering all my medical records from the time I developed the "rash" and was told it was just hives from an allergic reaction. That was 12 years ago.......too long ago in my opinion.

Anyway, Best Wishes to you.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Congratulations Amiloo! I am so happy that you felt comfortable with Dr. P.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Met with Dr. P in CT TODAY

Hi Aimiloo. I am glad your appointment went well! I know it is a relief.

If you think you were infected when you were pregnant, I highly recommend having your children evaluated. Lyme disease can be passed through pregnancy and breastfeeding.

You may want to see if you can have an open MRI (I am not sure which you are having). If not, maybe the doctor can prescribe something to take the edge off before you have the test.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #13
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Thanks Ticker,

Just to clarify I'm not pregnant nor have I ever been. I wanted to get this under control for when we start a family sometime next year or in 2009! So we discussed issues with that, and how we'll deal with that when the time comes.

he said I can take some xanax (which i have) for it. I mentioned the open MRI and he said they aren't nearly as effective for the Brain/neck scan. I guess if i'm gonna do it, i'm going to do it RIGHT!

But it was a good meeting.....steps in the right direction.

Closed Thread