It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

jayman22222 HB User
Cool some help pls anyone

i have been sick for 4 years off and on ,it will hit me for 3 months then goes away for a extended period of time. then hits me again i have alot of the lyme smyptom and live in southern Illinois.i have been to countless docs, neuros and thay have ran countless test on me but they have never ran a lyme test on me. my question is does lyme go in remission and go back to attacking like my illiness has this past 4 years.

thxs for your answers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
(female)

4sons HB User
Re: some help pls anyone

Hi Jayman, My symptoms go on a cycle also,but I have some symptoms that are always there. You will find alot of helpful information at this site, Ticker is the best! Anyway, my cycles last 4-6 weeks at this point. You may want to ask Ticker for a Lyme Literate MD,in your area,as many other doctors arent very informed about Lyme( I am being polite!),

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi Jayman- Just wanted to welcome you to the board. Ticker will be great. Research all you can- Doctors are not knowledgable about Lyme- one person on this site had their doc tell them they were just allergic to the tick! Your best defense with something like Lyme is a good offense. We do not like to steal Ticker's thunder and give out info that she does so well- I am sure she will answer soon. In the meantime, research,research, research!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi jayman, welcome to the board!

I am sorry you have been sick for so long. As 4sons said, Lyme symptoms can cycle.

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

It is very important to see a kowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. It is my understanding that the ELISA or titer is the least reliable test and the one most doctors run first. Is this the test you had done?

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

If you need a doctor recommendation, let us know. I do not know of any Lyme doctors in IL, but I know of a few in WI.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses (on-line). He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know about Lyme Disease
(2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Do not give up. You will find out what is wrong.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
(male)

jed850 HB User

I too live in Southern Illinois. When I searched for a doctor experienced in treating Lyme, I was disappointed that no doctor in Carbondale, IL Paducah, KY nor Evansville, IN were knowledgeable. I have been seeing Dr. M in Sikeston, MO for several months now.

My symptoms seem to cycle, but lately I've been experiencing more joint pain, vision issues, and "brain fog".

Currently, I am on a six-week regimen or minocen 200 mg per day. I've been on Doxy, amox., and ceftin in the past with no improvement. Dr. M is confident that we'll find the right abx or combination of abx's soon.

Closed Thread