It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

bubbalyme HB User
Cowden Protocol

Hi All,

Does anyone know the success rate of the Cowden Protocol at curing lyme disease, or at least making it better?

Thanks,
Bubbalyme

Old 10-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User
Re: Cowden Protocol

I personally have never heard about it. I looked it up to see what it all involved. Hopefully someone on the boards will know more about it's success rate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi bubbalyme.

I've never heard of this protocol. Can you give any details?

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
(male)

HipsterDoofus HB User

It's an herbal protocol using Cumanda and Samento. Cumanda is supposed to be antibiotic. Samento is an herb for the immune system. They are extracts made from rainforest plants.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Thank You for bringing this up. Reading up on it I would Love to try the Cumanda.

Found lots of info about this protocol on the net....

have a great day!

Old 10-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I tried Samento/Cats Claw for years - did nothing for me so I stopped.

I hope you have better luck with it!

Old 10-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

[B]Hey I am going to order this...Nutramedix Cumanda and give it a try. It is only 39.99 for a little bottle but suppose to last a while. Suppose to be good for 6 different things. antibacterial, antiviral, antiparisite, anitviral, builds up the immune system, analgesic....Where I found this it also tells you the regimn on how to take it. So I wll order this this week-end and let you all know if anything happens

I'm not going to do the Samento though. so maybe it won't work if I don't do that...

I just like the fact it suppose to work for 6 different things...

have a great week-end

/B]

Last edited by jojo; 10-19-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
(female)

bubbalyme HB User
Cowden Protocol and Relapse

Has anyone relapsed after doing the Cowden Protocol? Has anyone been cured after doing the Cowden Protocol?

Old 10-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Cowden Protocol and Relapse

Hi Bubbalyme...

How long were you on it? I am curious cuase I want to try the the cumanda..(mis-spell?) I like the fact that it is suppose to help with 6 different things.

How many bottles did you go through?

Thank You

Jodie

Old 10-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
(female)

bubbalyme HB User
Re: Cowden Protocol and Relapse

Actually, I haven't started it yet.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Blues View Post
I tried Samento/Cats Claw for years - did nothing for me so I stopped.

I hope you have better luck with it!
I've been using the Nutramedix brand that Jojo mentioned and I'd say it does seem to be having a therapeutic effect. I use it in conjunction with H2O2 therapy.

For a few months I've been doing warm salt baths 1-2x weekly with 8-10oz of food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide added. That's equivalent to 12-13 cups of the over-the-counter stuff you buy at the supermarket. Since starting that regime my headaches, muscle tingling and numbness, arthritis, hand tremors, heart rate, shortness of breath all suddenly became much worse. Then after several days of detox baths (salt and ginger only) I'll have a day or two of feeling really good with almost zero symptoms. Once I had to go off the Samento and H2O2 for a week due to severe sxs. From what I've read tetracyclic oxindole alkaloids (TOA's) are present in most preparations of Samento/Cat's Claw and supposedly greatly reduce it's efficacy. If you do try this preparation use either the pills or 20 or more drops of the liquid. The tiny doses of the liquid did nothing for me.

Only side effect I noticed was a few episodes of a really spacey feeling of depersonalization. Lasted only a minute or two each time, but only while taking the Samento.

Just my guess but I'd caution anyone who is thinking about combining the Cumanda and Samento to perhaps try just one for a few months and see how well that is tolerated.

Closed Thread