It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

kwebster HB User
update..test results in

Hi All:

Again thanks for all the info. Igenix IgM bands 31,34,39 all positive +++. 23-25,41, IND. So it's positive. Doc says this is the test for an active infection. The other IGA test is positive on bands 28,30,39,41. I must say I was very surprised by the results. thought they would be negative.

The CD-57 is way below 60 which indicates a current infection.

So... I am on three months of antibiotics (amox, and zithromax, probiotics).

I'm sure you guys are pros at this. here I thought it was thyroid med issues.

thanks again for the info.

Kathy

Old 10-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User
Re: update..test results in

As funny as it sounds congrats on receiving a clearly positive test! Now you can get down to business and start getting better! Are you doing a PICC line?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
(female)

kwebster HB User

Hey, I like your sense of humor. Actually, I have a pretty good outlook on the whole thing. I mean, I had thyroid cancer last year...now this. Oh well. No picc line. Two antibiotics plus lots of probiotics and monthly visits. Doc seems to know what he is doing. Ran all the appropriate tests that I could tell.

Still don't have any clue why there is such controversy over positive results from CDC and how to treat. Interesting.

Thanks!
Kathy

Old 10-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Kathy. I am glad you have an answer and a plan of action! I know it is a relief.

I am sorry you had thyroid cancer also. I hope you are okay from that. Are you on meds now?

Which doctor are you seeing? You can use initials if you like. What doses of the meds are you taking? Make sure you take the probiotics at least two hours before or after the antibiotics.

Were you tested for the co-infections Babesiosis, both types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma? This is very important. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected.

Be aware of the Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction (herx). Often, when people who have Lyme take antibiotics, their symptoms become worse or they get new ones. When the antibiotics kill the bacteria, toxins are released making them feel sicker. It can be very scary when it happens, but it is a good sign the antibiotics are working. Although it can vary individually, many people experience this at the beginning of treatment and every three to four weeks.

It is a good idea to document your symptoms daily. One way to do this is to list the three main symptoms you have each day and a numerical rating of their severity, from 1-10. Over time when you review this, you can see when your herxes occur and how you are responding to the meds.

Good luck with your treatment!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
(female)

kwebster HB User

Ticker:
Thanks for the info and concern about the thyroid. I am seeing Dr. Garzon in D.C. He has me on 600mg of zithromax daily. Amoxicllin 500mg - i think - three times a day. Have to take 4 probiotics pills daily. Also prescribed Diflucan just in case I need it.

I don't think other co-infection tests were done. I have to keep track of the symptoms. He alerted me to Herx reactions and gave his cell number to call him if anything arises.

A few questions. Is it normal to feel lousy a few weeks and then feel good for a period of time? Can you pass LD along to family members?? What about getting a flu shot - is that recommended?

I read Dr. B's stuff on line interesting. Is there other detailed books describing lab testing and treatment you could recommend???

Have a great weekend.

Kathy

Old 10-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Kathy. I think it is very important to be tested for the co-infections. Many Lyme doctors believe they need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. This was true in my case.

Yes, many people who have Lyme feel better for a while and the worse. Lyme symptoms can cycle. They can also wax, wane, and migrate around the body.

Books I recommend reading are "Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner; "Confronting Lyme Disease: What Patient Stories Teach Us" by Karen P. Yerges and Rita L. Stanley; and "Healing Lyme: Natural Healing and Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis And Its Coinfections" by Stephen Harrod Bunher. The second book is a collection of stories about how patients got Lyme and how it affected them.

You have a great weekend too!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Kathy.

I remember the absolute relief I I felt when my Western Blot came back positive for Lyme.

It took a long time for me to get a diagnosis and although it's always bad news to hear you have a tough long term illness, I was so relieved!!

Finally - I had a name, a label, a course, a direction, a culprit to blame and something to go after.

I happen to also have at least one co-infection, Bartonella.

Fighting Lyme can be a heck-uv-a bumpy road, so hang in there.

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Closed Thread