It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

PollyGirl HB User
Post Help w/Lyme Screen Test

In 2006 I had a Lyme Disease AB w/RFX IGG, IGM, Lyme Disease Screen test. The result was 1.77 and the index interpretations goes as follows:

<1.00 = negative
1.00-1.19 = equivocal
>1.19 = positive

If mine was 1.77 does that mean it reads positive? The rheumatologist never really went over these tests with me so I guess I am not sure what it means. I also had the Lyme Disease IGG and IGM, WB, Lyme Disease (IGG), WB.

All the bands listed just say NONREACTIVE and don't have the (+) or (-) signs next to them. Not sure what all this means.

All tests were performed by Quest Diagnostics in Pittsburgh, PA. I know Igenix is the preferred lab to have run these tests.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Help w/Lyme Screen Test

Hi PollyGirl. This shows that anything greater than 119 is positive, so yes 177is definitely positive.

This doctor never told you your result was positive?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
(female)

PollyGirl HB User
Thumbs down Re: Help w/Lyme Screen Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi PollyGirl. This shows that anything greater than 119 is positive, so yes 177is definitely positive.

This doctor never told you your result was positive?
You have to be kidding me
I think I am going to be sick ~ NO, he never went over that part of the test with me. We went over the RA, EBV and other stuff but NOT this.

Do you know what NONREACTIVE means on the WB and if I can get the actual test results from the lab regarding where the (+) and (-) should be.

I am really upset that no one told me about this

These tests were done by Quest and they have a red section on the lab where it means FLAGGED for high or low test results. This was not in that section, so I think he missed it. It it were FLAGGED, maybe he would have seen it better?

Sheesh - this is getting worse by the day.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pollygirl, I am very sorry about this. It is good you now know what is wrong.

The Western Blot lists a series of numerical bands. On the IgeneX Western Blot, after each band is a rating of a + - or IND. When other labs do the test, I believe they list reactive or non-reacitve. They do not show as many bands as IgeneX. Non-reactive means negative.

Many non-Lyme doctors run the ELISA test first. If it is positive, then they run the Western Blot. If the Western Blot is not positive, then the person is told they do not have Lyme (wrong). There is no completely reliable test for Lyme. Some people who have Lyme do not test positive.

You have a positive test and symptoms. You need to be treated.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
(female)

PollyGirl HB User
Red face Re: Help w/Lyme Screen Test

Wow Ticker, you have been such a great help to me ~ I am so upset over this now. I guess I need to start making phone calls and getting the ball rolling.

What a slap in the face

Old 10-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi PollyGirl, I can understand being upset. Try not to dwell on it. Do get the ball rolling so you can get the help you need.

Keep us posted okay?

Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 AM   #7
(female)

PollyGirl HB User

Thank you again.........I will keep you posted. I will be calling a LLMD on Monday.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
(female)

PollyGirl HB User

I called the LLMD and have an appt set up in early December. They are sending out a packet to me to have some tests done prior to my appt.

As soon as I get in I will let you know.

Closed Thread