It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User
Going to try to get approved for a PICC Line...need some advice.

I'm still waiting on my babesia test to come back. Even if it's negative, my LLMD said he'll will consider treating me based on my symptoms.

Right now I'm on oral abx and it's been over 2 months. I haven't noticed a remarkable difference. I asked if we could try to get approved for a IV abx and he said that is a possibility. I also asked if he could put me on Flagyl and he said not right now b/c I have too strong of a herx on it. I have to admit this ticked me off a bit....I want to be on an abx that will do SOMETHING!

Seeing how my daughter's Igenex test came back positive, I'm going to forward my LLMD a copy of her test results and see if that will help my case w/ the insurance company.

Just wondering what all I can do to help persuade the insurance company to approve a PICC line for me. I'm not CDC positive but I do have a borderline positive results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Going to try to get approved for a PICC Line...need some advice.

Hi KeyLyme. I don't think two months is long enough to tell. It can take time to notice improvement especially if you have been infected for some time. Orals are often tried first because they can be effective, are easier to administer, are less risky, and are less expensive.

It can take time to find the best med for each case, oral or IV.

Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. This was true in my case. If you do have Babesiosis, treating it first will likely help your progress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread