It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
(female)

PollyGirl HB User
Question Does Hair Ever Grow Back?

For those that lost hair with Lyme, does it ever grow back or get healthy again once treatment is in place?

Old 10-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Does Hair Ever Grow Back?

Yes it does.

I was so sick at the time that I can't recall exactly when my hair stopped falling out and then started growing in again, but it did. Came back nice and thick.

Don't worry, it'll come back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 AM   #3
(female)

PollyGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Blues View Post
Yes it does.

I was so sick at the time that I can't recall exactly when my hair stopped falling out and then started growing in again, but it did. Came back nice and thick.

Don't worry, it'll come back.
Thank you ~ I have been sick for awhile now and no one has properly diagnosed me. I just obtained some labs I had done over a year ago and found the Lyme test was positive - No one told me

I am hopeful I can find a good LLMD and get treatment ASAP.

My hair used to be beautiful ~ thick and silky and full of life. Now it is thin, straggly, dull and I am balding. I am only 44 years old - female.

I just want my life back.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi PollyGirl. Lyme and thyroid disorders can both cause hair loss. I suggest that anyone who has Lyme have their thyroid funciton checked. Some people, including myself, have Lyme and a thyroid disorder.

I recommend having the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibodies tested. These are simple blood tests. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view.

With proper treatment of either of these diseases, your hair should grow back.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #5
(female)

PollyGirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi PollyGirl. Lyme and thyroid disorders can both cause hair loss. I suggest that anyone who has Lyme have their thyroid funciton checked. Some people, including myself, have Lyme and a thyroid disorder.

I recommend having the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibodies tested. These are simple blood tests. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view.

With proper treatment of either of these diseases, your hair should grow back.
Hi Ticker, I have been tested over and over for thyroid but all tests are normal, except for the Thyroglobulin AB, which was very high. I was told I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and I take T3 replacement only. I don't feel it is doing much for me and my hair certainly is not any better and some days it is really BAD.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi PollyGirl. I also have Hashimoto's. People who have this can have test results in the normal range, but treatment is warranted because antibodies are present.

I do not understand why you are on a T3 only med. Usually people take either a T4 only med or a T3/T4 med. I started with a T4 med and it did not help enough. Now I take a T3/T4 med.

It can be almost as hard to find a knowledgeable thyroid doctor as can be to find a knowledgeable Lyme doctor. I highly recommend that you learn everything you can so you can get the best treatment. Many symptoms of Lyme and thyroid disorders can overlap.

Closed Thread