It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

PollyGirl HB User
Exclamation Oh No ~ Not Bartonella Too

Talk about a real shocker weekend for me..........I have not officially been told by a doctor that I have Lyme Disease but my lab tests show positive. Doctor either missed it or failed to tell me it was positive. This was from March 2006.

So now I have to share something as I have been digging in books and the internet for co-infections. This is about Bartonella.

Last summer, August 2006, I had a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. I also have a heart murmur and have to take high doses of antibiotics prior to dental work AND surgery. I received the IV drip while in the hospital during my stay for the hysterectomy and also took high doses when I got released for about a week.

Not long after that, I developed very dark red scratches on my tummy that looked like stretch marks. I had a follow up appt with the gyne's nurse practitioner and showed her the marks on my tummy. She was alarmed and told me I needed to see my family doctor immediately. I asked her why and she said it could possibly be Cushings Disease.

Saw my family doc and she was very ticked off that the nurse wanted me tested. She said it was from my weight gain that I caused the "stretch marks". I had the cortisol test done, which was negative.

Now these marks are still there but not as dark and I also have a few just show up around my armpit in the front.

After seeing pictures of the Bartonella rash, I can bet this is what I have. I think getting the high doses of antibiotics during my hospital stay may have done something to bring out this rash. I also had severe foot and heel pain several months after my surgery that would come and go.

Just one more thing to worry about.............Anyone else have similar experiences with Bartonella and taking antibiotics? Is that a sign of it dying off?

Last edited by PollyGirl; 10-20-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo - OOPS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Oh No ~ Not Bartonella Too

Hi PollyGirl. This rash does sound like Bartonella.

When you see the Lyme doctor, make sure you are tested for all co-infections. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected. Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. This was true for me.

Closed Thread