It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Marsha, Shanna, Maureen, Carol, Mike, Ekim - you guys okay?

Just wondering how you all are doing.

Please check in and let us know how life is treating you - be it good or bad.

Peace and health to all,
Mickie

Last edited by 6Blues; 10-23-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sue416 HB User
Re: Marsha, Shanna, Maureen, Carol, Mike, Ekim - you guys okay?

And Ohio Hunter/Jon, too. Hope all is well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User
Re: Marsha, Shanna, Maureen, Carol, Mike, Ekim - you guys okay?

Morning Mickie,

First of all, I had to run a search to see if there was another Carol that goes back... pretty amazed and touched that you'd be asking about me after all this time. Thanks.

Good stuff first: Turned 50 on Saturday and Paul planned a trip down into to Baja to a remote fishing village - great day out on the ocean fishing, grilled out Saturday night, slow day on Sunday, safe travel, good time for the two of us...

To answer your question: I think there are probably several answers, but mainly, I want to be living life fully and I am not.

Back in July I realized that adrenals were shot and going on Cortef was a big help, especially with muscular weakness and pain.

I then added armour thyroid when I felt adrenals could handle it and that has been a battle. Not sure what to make of it.

I struggle with depression, anxiety, memory/cognitive issues, musculo/skeletal pain. Have also been trying to figure out what symptoms are from bladder problems, large uterine fibroids, perimenopause. I have been living from doctor to doctor appt. and lab to scans appts... I so want answers, so want to be well. First time with health insurance so have been taking advantage of that. Also did breathing test and started on inhaler to address problems. I've had very mild asthma but something has changed and doc thinks I need to get on top of it.

We love southern Cal. but lonliness has been a problem... to much time spent in isolation. Connections have been made but in the short time we've been here, no deep relationships. Miss that.

I have recently started using a cream that compounding pharmacist makes with lidocaine and a bunch of other stuff... works really well on trigger point pain. Shoulders, neck still hurt a lot.

I said a mouthful... wish it was rosier. I have ideas that would help my mental outlook, just need to act on them. If I do, I will update. We did join a small group through Paul's work last week for Bible study. And I have been meeting weekly with another group, learning about asset based community development... interesting concept in community transformation. Good for me - getting out of my head.

How are YOU Mickie? Truly, my memory issues are embarrassing. Remembering whose who on this board. The times I've checked back in, I have to re-read old posts and feel overwhelmed trying to retain info. It's lost again... I don't remember the stories. I've always been a visual person so maybe that is part of it...

Anyway, I would get updates. Not remembering doesn't equate to not caring.

Love and health to all... Carol/cj

Closed Thread