It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User
Smile Hope renewed - WB results in

I was clinically diagnosed with Lyme disease in June. Though I know lyme needs to be clinical diagnosis, I struggled with the fact that all 3 of my lyme test came negative (I know that most are unreliable. Two of the test done in Singapore and one in Canada were they are notoriusly wrong), but I still wanted some "proof". I had been treating the lyme with Biaxin and Flagyl until the end of September, when my liver enzymes became elevated and I was told to stop medication and wait until they came down. Unfortunately the have continued to rise, and my disease has relapsed. I guess I started to doubt my clinical diagnosis. Wasn't it I that thought I had lyme, and look the leap to see a LLMD. All the negative things I've read about LLMD and lyme disease had planted some doubt in my mind. What if I'm frying my liver for nothing. Some higher power must have been listening to my inner turmoil as today I got my IGenex results. I was shock to see I was CDC IgM postive.

My test results are as follow.

Multiplex PCR serum - Plasmid B Burgodorfer - Positive confirmed by Southern Dot Blot

IFDA - 1:40 (which in indeterninate)

Igm Western Blot IGenex and CDC positive
31 +++
39+
41+
58+
66+

IgG Western Blot IGenex and CDC negative
41 IND

Has anyone else had problems with there liver during treatment? Any advice to help me try and get these liver counts down would great. I guess these results have renewed my strength to kill these BB buggers.

Cheers
Tracy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #2
(female)

dianneom HB User
Re: Hope renewed - WB results in

Tracy,
Your post caught my eye because I'm also doing Biaxin / Flagyl. What dose are you on? I worry about my liver too since I've been on abx so many years.
Do you take Milk Thistle? It will help your liver.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
(female)

PollyGirl HB User

Not on treatment yet as I have an appt with a LLMD in 5 weeks but I wish you well and hope you find some answers.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #4
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User

Dianneom,

I was on 1000mg of both Bixain and Flagyl a day (two doses of 500mg each). I was taking milk thistle when I was on the antibiotics but have given everything a rest for the time being. I am getting weekly blood test with my GP, and neither my GP or LLMD are blaming the antibiotics for the elevated enzymes. It could be something else all together My mother died of liver failure at the age of 44, so with that history I getting nervous about my increasing liver enzymes. I have just been in a dark place mentally, lyme is such a political disease, so when you finally get a diagnosis then another issue is put in your road, you just want a little reasurance you are on the right track. I hope this makes some sense.

Tracy

Old 10-24-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User

PollyGirl,

Thanks for the well wishes.

Tracy

Closed Thread