It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Lyme lesions???

I have written on the MS board as well as here, as I have an on going illness that as yet has not been diagnosed. Some of my symptoms match that of MS and others Lyme Disease. So getting diagnosed is not easy, especially when your faced with neuros or GP's that don't appear to be very proactive. However, I do have a question. I started with one lesion on my brainstem, wich remained there for around 3/4 years. On having my last MRI, it revealed a large number of white spots/lesions on my brain as well as my spinal cord. These however do not fit what they call the normal shape of MS lesions. Is it possible to have white spots/lesions with Lyme disease on the brain and or down the spinal cord. I understand there are no doctors here, but alot of people with good knowledge and experiance of this disease. My lumbar puncture is positive aswel, but that doesnt always indicate MS. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.....

Old 10-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
(female)

njgirl14 HB User
Re: Lyme lesions???

topsy

my understanding is that lyme can cause lessions in the brain and spinal cord. I am not aware of lessions being distinctive as far as size and shape to MS.

I was dx with MS for six years before I found out I had lyme. I have read alot since my lyme dx in 2005 and am appalled that the neuros I saw (6) over the years did not know much at all about lyme, except I definately did not have it. Especially since the 2 diseases are so similar it is unbelievable that they are not more versed on lyme. I have also read in several places that lyme can cause the o-bands found in the spinal fluid. I have some lessions and did have o-bands.

I suggest getting evaluated by a lyme literate MD (LLMD). Blood tests for lyme are not very accurate and false negatives are common. A LMD will do a thorough eval and dx based on symptoms. If you want a LLMD recommendation tell us where you are and we will get you Dr names.

Best of luck and keep searching for answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

JRBaugh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgirl14 View Post
topsy

my understanding is that lyme can cause lessions in the brain and spinal cord. I am not aware of lessions being distinctive as far as size and shape to MS.

I was dx with MS for six years before I found out I had lyme. I have read alot since my lyme dx in 2005 and am appalled that the neuros I saw (6) over the years did not know much at all about lyme, except I definately did not have it. Especially since the 2 diseases are so similar it is unbelievable that they are not more versed on lyme. I have also read in several places that lyme can cause the o-bands found in the spinal fluid. I have some lessions and did have o-bands.

I suggest getting evaluated by a lyme literate MD (LLMD). Blood tests for lyme are not very accurate and false negatives are common. A LMD will do a thorough eval and dx based on symptoms. If you want a LLMD recommendation tell us where you are and we will get you Dr names.

Best of luck and keep searching for answers.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
(male)

JRBaugh HB User

Im in michigan Royal oak area.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #5
(female)

topsy123 HB User

Thanks so much for your reply and advice. I did ask my GP for a Lymes test, he was prepared to do it, but the lab it was sent to refused to do it. They based it on the fact that I have never been to America and therefore could never catch it. (ridiculous, I know!)...
Anyway, I have just last week written a letter to a LLMD based here in the uk, I am hoping he will consider giving me a consultation. Each neuro has given me a different opinion according to my health. Iv been told it could be MS, Lupus, Encephalitis, its all in my head, see a shrink, and just don't know. So I am a little fed up to say the least. Im not looking for it to be Lymes disease, far from it, but I do think it should at least be investigated. If I do get a reply from this guy I shall post here and let you know how it goes. Thanks again....Take care....

Old 11-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User

Are you serious? There is a video on the web somewhere, about people suffering from chronic Lyme. All the people in the video are from England, or at least have the British accent.

Closed Thread