It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User
Fry Labs

Has anyone had this test?? My doctor ordered it, saying it was very reliable for testing co-infections... I just received my results.. Positive for Bartoneela which I already knew I had, but the crazy thing was they faxed me my results and they sent a picture of the actual blood smear with arrows pointing to the bartonella... pretty crazy stuff..

Kelly

Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

tarapags1107 HB User
Re: Fry Labs

Wow... I've never heard of that test. I was tested a supposedly positive for babesia (another co-infection). However I'm not sure about the accuracy of these tests since the LLMD I went to see doesn't take insurance and all my other western blots and elisa testing were negative. Good luck with your treatment. I was put on IV Rocephin for 5 wks and had to have my gallbladder removed due to one of the side effects of the meds that I wasn't told ahead of time by my doc. 23 yrs old is a tad bit too young for all this chaos.... I wish my neuro and LLMD could agree on whats wrong with me.. I hate being stuck in the middle !!!...... Tara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Kelly.

I was tested for co-infections with all negative results. My LLMD is awesome and she treated me anyway, based on my symptoms.

One of the tests she ordered was called FISH, which cost me a small fortune. So we have a Fish fry!

I also have Bartonella. A photo of it would have been cool to see and totally creepy at the same time.

Tara: I was on IV Roecephin and my LLMD immediately started me on Ursodiol to prevent gallbladder damage. If you begin IV treatment again, you may want to remember that drug.

Peace and health to all,
Mickie

Last edited by 6Blues; 11-02-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
(male)

Tony64 HB User

Hi Kelly. how was your appnt. with Dr. "R"? Hope you're feeling well. I'm on the roller coaster. I had my FRY test done. They faxed me results and there were no organism detected. I have not discussed results with DR. but i am wondering; does that mean i have no co-infection? Anyway, i am having lots of problems with my throat and lingual tonsills. As a smoker, it makes me very worried but i am hoping it has something to do with lyme's. I have been to many ENT's and they don't think is cancer.
Again, i hope you are feeling well. Keep me posted and good luck.
Tony.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #5
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Tony... Its so good to hear from you... I was starting to get worried.. My 12 weeks of IV will end on the 16th I see Dr. R. on the 21st... I will let you know what he does.. Did you ever test positive for bartonella or any other co- infection?? Maybe if you had any co-infections the meds worked.. From what I understand Fry is a very accurate test... so hopefully you are co-infection FREE... that would be great.. I know what you mean about the rollercoaster... I feel the last couple of days im going down hill after a great coiple of weeks.. but Iam sure it will pass for both of us.. Im sure your throat issues has to do with lyme... I had tonsil issues for a long time.. I should have just had them removed as a kid... When do you go back to Dr. R?? Keep me posted

Kelly

Closed Thread