Currently I am looking into how to keep my IV Zithro coming. Each person's COBRA rate depends on how much you contribute to the premium and how much your employer paid. Mine was a 50/50 split, so my COBRA rate will be about $800.
I have to ask my LLMD how much she can get it for, maybe it will be cheap, but I suspect the Levaquin will be a lot too, so I don't know which path to go down.
The COBRA paperwork should come monday or tuesday. I'll take a look and report back on my findings.
I was thinking about contacting a SS attorney. It shouldn't cost me anything to have them investigate my case and I do have a CDC positive Western Blot to show.
Sigh. I just don't get it. I think I'm still in shock.
Going into the hot tub, probably with a couple of beers, and my iPod. That'll help my spirit a bit.
Mickie, I am very sorry this has happened. Bad things happen to good people. It is senseless.
Rally any and every possible resource. Contact the manufacturers of the meds you are on to see if they will provide them to you. Research other prescription assistance programs.
You should be able to get unemployment right? Have you thought about applying for disability? A Social Security attorney will only get paid if you win, and there is a limit on what they can collect. I know these things take time.
Hi MicB....I did just like Rodney...scanned the titles saw the thread then saw your name...OH MY GOSH SWEETIE...I am sooooo flippin sorry! There seems to be nothing but bad news around me here lately...Trust me you aren't the only person that is having their teeth knocked in by life...ugh!
Are you just laid off for the winter or are they weeding people all the way out?
What about unemployment and State Disability? Can you get on either of them?
You are strong and you have those manly things hanging... I know you won't let anyone hold you down long...
You are loved here very much...sending you good thoughts and LOTS of Prayer's!!
I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner...I'm 2 weeks into IV treatment and sicker than a dog.
I'll be praying that you can get on some type of disability. I used to be an insurance agent and it's imperative that you do whatever you can to make your COBRA payment. If you lapse, they'll knock you w/ a "pre-existing" condition clause and won't cover your Lyme's treatment.
I would think you have a great case for Social Security/Disability.
Again, I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of this.