It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
(female)

Abuddog HB User
pretty much better

just wanted to say i was infected for 1 1/2 years with lyme and bartonella (only the bartonella was confirmed by tests) found a lyme doctor in february and was treated with oral antibiotics for 8 months. we have stopped the antibiotics and i am rehabilitating myself. i plan on doing another protocol just to wipe it out entirely. i cannot do the things i used to do yet but i'm not really sure i want to. i hope this brings you hope. i'm not fully better but i can function.

another thing i didnt realize i would have a problem with is Post traumatic stress from the whole thing. im young and right before i got really sick my grandma almost died from cancer. so that really traumatized me being sick myself. anyways i'm seeing a health psychologist who specializes in trauma as well. its great but i had still feeling lousy emotionally.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: pretty much better

Hi Abuddog. I am sorry that your grandma has cancer. I hope she is okay.

I am so glad you are improving! I hope you continue to improve.

You are right that this can cause post traumatic stress syndrome. People dealing with these illnesses usually go through so much prior, during, and after being diagnosed and treated.

Keep us posted on how you are doing okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
(female)

Abuddog HB User

i just wanted to say again cuz i didnt mention it before that I'm at 85% where 100% is back to normal again.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Abuddog. Do you feel you have been treated long enough? It is my understanding that most Lyme doctors treat until a person is symptom free plus at least two months longer.

Eight months is really not that long of treatment when you were infected for a year and a half. Just be very vigilant of your symptoms.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
(female)

Abuddog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi Abuddog. Do you feel you have been treated long enough? It is my understanding that most Lyme doctors treat until a person is symptom free plus at least two months longer.

Eight months is really not that long of treatment when you were infected for a year and a half. Just be very vigilant of your symptoms.
no i dont think i was. but i am feeling a whole lot better. doc thinks i had bartonella infection which is gone and now i have mercury toxicity. i'm not sure. ill trust him until i get my results of the toxicity and if i'm not then im gonna go to a doc to do the marshall protocol to get rid of anything else in my way.

Closed Thread