It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Won costume contest at Lyme fundraiser

Hi friends.

Me and my kids went to a Lyme fundraiser masquerade party today My son and I won prizes.

It's a masquerade party 'cuz Lyme is the great imitator.

I went as Pharoah Lyme-hotep. I wore my King Tut hat from my visit to the Tut exhibit in Philly and my daughter's lime green sheets. I made a scroll of hieroglyphs showing a healthy person who got bit by a tick, saw an LLMD, got medicine, then felt better.

It felt great to be out in public, smiling and meeting people. Everyone there was so nice.

I was surprised to win. I won a spa basket and it's awesome! I'm defintely going to use the gift certificate for a foot massage - my feet hurt all the time.

My LLMD sponsors this fundraiser every year. In the past I've been too sick to attend and I'm glad I felt well enough to attend this year.

I also learned about Grace Mcguire, who is recreating the flight of Amelia Earheart, but had to put her plans on hold due to Lyme disease.

Her plane is being trucked from NJ to CA for assembly. She's hanging Lyme banners on all the trucks and stopping to visit Lyme patients on the way.

That will be a good way to spread Lyme awareness in states where the doctors don't believe Lyme exists.

I am wiped out. I did the electric slide and the casper slide and 2 other dances. Also, the DJ called me to dance floor and had me teach everyone how to 'Walk Like An Egytpian' by the Bangles. LOL - it was funny.

It was also sad for me because I had bartended at that same place years ago when I was thin and attractive and had spent many many nights dancing there with my bother and my ex boyfriend.

Don't know how many of the Jersey folks here had heard about this fundraiser but next year I'll try to post info so more can attend.

Oh - this past Friday, a box of my IV meds was delivered to my house. I have no idea how the infusion company managed to squeeze another week of meds from my insurance before I lost my job, but God Bless them if they did.

I'm going to call them tomorrow to make sure it's insurance paid and that I won't ever get billed.

Then - my sister showed up yesterday out of the blue from South Carolina and spent the night here. She left this morning. It was a big lift to my spirits.

I am so exhausted and in a lot of happy pain. See you all tomorrow, my friends tylenol and codiene are waiting for me.

Peace and health to all,
Mickie

Last edited by moderator2; 11-04-2007 at 07:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Won costume contest at Lyme fundraiser

Oh my GOSH MICB I AM SOOOOOO FIPPIN HAPPY READING YOUR POST THIS MORNING

yEAH ...yIPPPIE...YAHOOO....YOU ARE A SHINING STAR

What fun ...I am just grining ear to ear about you getting dressed up and dancing and laughing..Being around people that have gone or are going through what you are...YES!!!

And your sister spending the night!!!!! IT IS A MIRACLE!!!

See my friend your life WILL pick up. You are too tough to let this drag you down...It truly doesn't matter if you have put on pounds..YOU are STILL that bright STAR inside...out there dancing and partying and laughing with people...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I hope you continue to go up from here.

Rest today but enjoy every sore moment you have....lol...it was worth it!

Hugs

Old 11-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

That was great to read Mickie. I'm so glad you had a great time and put these other big things out of your mind.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks guys.

Today, the pain isn't so fun.

It hurts to turn my sterring wheel and I can't turn my neck. I feel as if I was hit by a truck and I'm running a high fever. blech.

Same as what happened after my sailing classes.

ouchies.

Peace and health to all,
Mickie

Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
(female)

AquaticChic HB User

Ahhh. A spa gift thing is perfect for someone with Lyme. That massage is going to be so nice

Well, it's so nice to hear from you! We haven't talked in ages!! I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by moderator2; 11-07-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Mickie, congratulations! This is awesome! I bet you looked fantas"tick!!"

I am so glad you were able to go, that you danced, and had a good time. It is great that your sister came for a surprise visit.

Take it easy. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Good Morning MicB. How are you holding up?

How are things going for you the last couple of days?

Sending you hugs...

Old 11-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey joyjoy - I was thinking about you too today! cool - great minds think alike.

Man, I had a string of bad days for 2 weeks. whew - it was tough. I'm posting another thread about it.

How you doing? Hope that iodine is helping you.

Peace and health to all,
Mickie

Last edited by moderator2; 11-07-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

HI MicB....the last couple days I am dong great! last week I had a hard time...If I absorb too many other people's bad energies it just throw's me for a loop. So I have to learn to just stay away from some people and not get involved in the town gossip...Cause I pay for it...I get to where I am just soooo worn out and can't think then the muscles don't want to work...So I have to pull myself up out of the hell hole...ugh! Other than learning what I can and can't do I AM GREAT!! ha..ha...

I read your other post...I am glad you are seeing a pattern in your recovery...I am thinking this is good..possibly you are over doing then back slid??

I think you have a doctor appt today..let us know how it goes!!!

HUGS to YOU!!!

Closed Thread