It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
(female)

grace32 HB User
Getting picc'd tomorrow

Hello,
I was supposed to get my line in two weeks ago but the doctor lost his license. I found a doctor who reviewed my case and is authorizing a picc line.
The weriod thing is I have been feeling much better. About 80% myself. I'm afraid when I start the rocephrin and zithromax I am going to herx bad. Also I'm concered about damage to my gall bladder. My doctor is giving me Actigall pills and says they should help protect my gall bladder. Has anyone taken these? Or had problems with their gall bladder.
I'll let you know how I do.
Grace

Old 11-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
Re: Getting picc'd tomorrow

wow Grace- good luck. I do not have experience with Pic but wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Grace.

Getting a PICC inserted takes courage - kudos to you for going through with it. Your health is at stake so be strong. I'll be with you tomorrow, holding your hand through the whole procedure. So no worries.

When I had my PICC line inserted and I began IV Rocephin, my LLMD put me on Usodiol to prevent any gallbladder damage. It worked great - I had no trouble at all. I think Actigall is a similiar drug.

No matter what drug you take (I am on IV Zithromax), try to remember that Herx's are a good thing since they are proof that the drug is kiling bacteria.

You may feel like crap but the stupid bacteria feel even worse 'cuz they're dying.

Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Good luck Grace! Let us know how it goes okay?

Some doctors prescribe the Rocephin five days on and two days off or a similar schedule to reduce the stress on the gallbladder. Will you be taking oral Zithromax or infusing it?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #5
(female)

grace32 HB User

I can't believe it but my son was sick with a stomach bug all night so I could not get my picc today. My babysitter wouldn't come(I can't say I blame her) Anyway, my appt. is next Tues. thanks for the info about gall bladder drugs. It made me feel alot better to know others have used it with success.
My doc wants me to take oral Zithromax with the Rochephrin. Is that okay to do?
I wonder if this happens to anyone else but when I take my vitamins I feel much worse. I stayed off for a few weeks and felt better and just started back and within 12 hours I had bad joint pain. Any thoughts? Shouldn't I feel better on vitamins.

You guys are great. Thanks for all your support.

Grace

Old 11-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace32 View Post
I can't believe it but my son was sick with a stomach bug all night so I could not get my picc today. My babysitter wouldn't come(I can't say I blame her) Anyway, my appt. is next Tues. thanks for the info about gall bladder drugs. It made me feel alot better to know others have used it with success.
My doc wants me to take oral Zithromax with the Rochephrin. Is that okay to do?
I wonder if this happens to anyone else but when I take my vitamins I feel much worse. I stayed off for a few weeks and felt better and just started back and within 12 hours I had bad joint pain. Any thoughts? Shouldn't I feel better on vitamins.

You guys are great. Thanks for all your support.

Grace
Klinghardt maintains that as long as the bacterial load in you GI tract is high then vitamin/mineral supplementation mostly serves to strengthen the bacteria rather than your body.

His protocal, which I followed, is to take 8-10 grams daily of free dried garlic for about 12 weeks while continuing to supplement with high quality digestive enzymes. This apparently worked well for me as all my GI symptoms completely resolved by the end of that time span. Only then did I start the vit/min supp.

Last edited by brimmy; 11-08-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Closed Thread