It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

lenni1980 HB User
Detox

Im thinking about using detox patches.... as anyone had experience using these....

Are detox patches ok to use before starting any offical treatment....

Thank you

Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Detox

Hi Lenni, no I never used Detox patches...haven't really heard of them myself. So I don't know how they would work.

My docotor has his patients taking Charcoal to help pull out bacteria. Another way is to sit in the Epsom Salts and Hydrogen Peroxide.......

let us know how they work...

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
(female)

lenni1980 HB User

Hi jojo....

From what i understand they work in a similar way to the detox foot spa.... you apply the patch to your feet at night and it draws out toxins held in you body....(the lymphatic system i think) i have found some that contain milk thislte and cayenne....

i am keen to try them but my concerned is that i will make things worse....

Can u only herx when on anti-biotics.... Or can this happen if you try alternative treatments....

Thank-you

Old 11-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Morning Lenni,

Oh I see...I was thinking they were like the pain patches I have worn. Thanks for explaing that makes sense...

Yes depending on the person and what alternative therapy you try a person can have herx's. I have read that even people that try the vitamin C protocol herx...so don't see why you couldn't..But if those patches are suppose to pull out toxins instead of putting something into your body...well maybe you won't.

give it a try and see..herx's won't kill you and actually if you are herxing that is a good thing...

Let us know how they work!

good luck!

Old 11-07-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi Lenni- You may know I have been doing the foot bath. You would not believe the stuff that is coming out. Since all I read indicates heavy metals and toxins make Lyme worse, I cannot believe that getting rid of the stuff would be bad. I have not tried the foot patches but I would if I did not have the bath. I am on 1500mg Tetra a day- have been for over 2 months. Had Lyme symptoms for 18 months. I have an appt with my LLMD Friday and I am going to ask him what he thinks- He would have to be very persuasive to make me stop! Good luck to you.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Zandvoort, do you feel better after a foot bath? I know you said a lot of stuff comes out. What happens after that? Do you have more energy? Do you have less pain? I am very curious, please tell me more....

Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi Sleeper-

I have more energy for about 3-4 hours after the treatment and then I go back to 'normal'. I am hoping that as I use it more, the awful nerve pain I have will reduce. I think he night I do the detox I have less nerve pain but not sure- your post just made me think about it so I will have to check next time. Eventually, the water should run clear, showing I have cleaned out. (or, since I am on abx, not sure- I may have the toxins from the die off and not run clear) Anyway, I have high hopes. I do not want to look at what comes out becuase it is so gross but I am eager to see how much less stuff I have in my body. I am looking forward to asking hte LLMD about it tomorrow.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
(female)

lenni1980 HB User

Hi all,

I have started abx treatment the last few days, touch wood so far so good...

From what i have been reading its important to eliminate unwanted toxins from your body....

I have used a detox foot spa which has helped a little but i am not able to do this on a daily basis....

Is there an alternative detox programme i can use everyday....

Thank you

Old 12-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
(female)

mesmall HB User

what exactly is the foot bath???? And where is stuff coming out of? your feet???

Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
(female)

lenni1980 HB User

hi mesmall,

A detox foot spa helps to rebalance the body.... somthing to do with positve and negative ions.... the toxins are released through your feet....it is the same as detox patches you apply them before going to bed and keep them on for 8-10 hours then remove them....

Either method aint very nice to look at.... If its away to get rid of all unwanted toxins then it aint that bad really.....

Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Well after using the foot pads for several months, I did a little experiment... If you spray a fine mist of water on to the pad it turns that nasty color... so its really not the "bad" toxins coming out of your body, its your own sweat... it takes very little moisture to turn the pad colors... I was so disappointed...

Last edited by Kelly5907; 12-04-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Closed Thread