It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
(male)

one41 HB User
Could I still have lyme disease ?

Hi, I'm new to the board... I'm a 23 year old male that is in good shape. About 2 months ago I became very ill and since then haven't felt well. It all started with a severe headache and dizziness. I then started to go from doctor to doctor, only to find out nothing. I've had a MRI of my brian, chest and sinus xrays, all kinds of blood test ran (even a lyme disease test that came back negative) and all these things came back normal. Since all of these test I've developed some new symptoms. I'm very sensitive to light and sound, I have twitching/aching muscles, I found that I have a mitral valve prolapse and a very fast heartrate when doing very little, I'm almost alwlays cold, chest pain, can't sleep, upset stomach, very blurry vision and very bad motion sickness... I'm sure I left a few out. For the past 5 years, I have worked as a landscaper in PA. I have had a few tics here and there. I'm just wondering if it is possible to have tested negative and still have lyme? Can anyone relate to this ? ? ?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
(female)

AquaticChic HB User
Re: Could I still have lyme disease ?

Hi,

I'm so sorry that you're sick!

Yes, you could have Lyme Disease and get a negative test result. Many people with Lyme get negative test results because the tests aren't always accurate.

A Lyme diagnosis can be made based on your symptoms.

Most doctors don't know much about Lyme Disease. There are doctors who specialize in Lyme Disease. They are called Lyme Literate Medical Doctors (LLMD).

Where do you live? I'm sure someone on here could recommend a LLMD who is in your area.

I hope you get better and find answers soon! Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by one41 View Post
It all started with a severe headache and dizziness.
That's exactly how it started with me as well.

Quote:
Since all of these test I've developed some new symptoms. I'm very sensitive to light and sound, I have twitching/aching muscles, I found that I have a mitral valve prolapse and a very fast heartrate when doing very little, I'm almost alwlays cold, chest pain, can't sleep, upset stomach, very blurry vision and very bad motion sickness...
And that's very similar to how it progressed with me. All the same symptoms, but the vision problem. All my tests were inconclusive as well.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
(male)

one41 HB User

Hi Brimmy- I was wondering ... did you test positive for lyme ? And what kind of treatment did they give to you ?

Old 11-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Hi Brimmy- I was wondering ... did you test positive for lyme ? And what kind of treatment did they give to you ?
Yes, eventually. Like AquaticChick wrote you should find yourself a physician who is educated about Lyme Disease. Any other doc is probably not going to be able to even recognize the disease, much less treat it effectively.

So far I''ve decided to take the homeopathic route and use anti-bacterial herbs, supportive and therapeutic vitamins and minerals.

If you only noticed symptoms two months ago then you might still be in the acute phase of the illness. If that is correct then your prognosis for a full recovery is better than those of us in the chronic phase. Find yourself a LLMD right away so you can hear the treatment options and get on with treating this immediately.

Closed Thread