It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
(male)

1qwerasdf HB User
What else can I do?

I have a PA that has been cooperative with me with regards to a lyme blood test as well as for co-infections of babesiosis etc.

I would like to do whatever I could with him, but I just need some advice on what exactly I should ask for. I havenít had a western blot. Should I just tell him i want you to take blood for a western blot?

Iíve done 2 blood tests for lyme, about 2 and half months apart, both negative (the results were 0.18, 0.20 respectively).

i took blood tests for co-infections (Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis etc.). are they subject to the same problems (i.e. hard to detect the bacteria) as lyme?

Tularemia, Rocky mountain, Colorado Tick fever, relapse fever. Are any of the above mentioned possible without

symptoms like lyme? My PA said you would be able to tell if you have it. is that so?

I don't have any harsh symptoms so far, so I'm yet sure if I have Lyme. But I don't want to wait till I do.

What else can I do with my PA?

Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: What else can I do?

Hi 1qwerasdf. My advice would be to see a Lyme doctor. Many doctors do not understand these diseases. This can cause wasted time and symptoms can get worse.

No test for Lyme is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. It sounds like you have had the ELISA or titer. From what I understand, this is the least reliable test and the one most doctors run first. The Western Blot is a better test, but it should be done at a Lyme lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. They use more sensitive testing and list more bands.

It is very important to be tested for the co-infections by a Lyme lab also. IgeneX can test for Babesiosis, both types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), and Bartonella. They do not test for Mycoplasma. Some Lyme doctors use MDL in NJ to test for Mycoplasma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread