It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
(female)

tameeisback HB User
Does this sound like normal treatment?

I have a question because I know many of you all have been being treated for a very long time for lyme.

I have been seeing Dr. K.S. in Towson since June. Started out on the doxy, rifimphin, doxy and zithro. Last month after not seeing a lot of improvement he switched me to zithro everyday and bactrim.

Well I went back today and told him I feel worse in a lot of areas like my head shaking is back and the numbness and tingling came back full force in my face and has started to move to other side. PLus having more palpitations and panic attackes however, joint pain much better. He told me he was switching me again to levaquim (could not believe how much this stuff cost), 1 a day and back to doxy, 3 a day.

He said to come back in one month and if not improved then going to IV rocephin. He said we would only try that for a month and then just have to see where I am and what is permanent. Does this sound right to you all? He was sayig something about having to heal from inside only and the meds can only do so much.

I want nothing more to be better. Not to have such a weight loss from all meds and feeling sick all the time.

Any advice would be appreicated!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Does this sound like normal treatment?

Hi tameeisback. I have a few questions. How long were you sick before getting diagnosed? Do you have or have you had any co-infections? Have you been getting treated since June?

How long were you on each protocol? It can take time to tell if meds are working. I don't know how long you have been on each protocol, but it seems like you have switched meds around a lot in five months.

Have you had herxes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 05:34 AM   #3
(female)

tameeisback HB User
Re: Does this sound like normal treatment?

Hi Ticker,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi tameeisback. I have a few questions. How long were you sick before getting diagnosed? He thinks 2 years, well first infection was about 2 years before treatment started then he thinks something else happened a year later.

Do you have or have you had any co-infections? He also believes I have bartonella and maybe babesos (know I spelled that wrong) Have you been getting treated since June? Yes, steady since June.

How long were you on each protocol? I was on the combo of the ripifam, zithro and doxy until the beginning of October then he switched me to the zithro everyday and bactrim and then yesterday the new switch because of all my symptoms coming back again.
It can take time to tell if meds are working.

I don't know how long you have been on each protocol, but it seems like you have switched meds around a lot in five months. Really just started switching last month. He had suggested the IV last month but because my insurance has not kicked in yet and the fact that I am allergic to pencillen and will need to be tested by an allergist, he said we would try everything else first.

Just seemed odd to me though to say this for one month and then the IV for one and we will see what is permanent. I know he has a lot of patients that have been seeing him forever but not sure.

Have you had herxes? I do not believe that I have ever herxed or if I did, not bad enough to know. He also suggested epson salt baths 3 times a week but nothing else because does not think I am at that point.

Last edited by tameeisback; 11-13-2007 at 05:35 AM. Reason: forgot something

Closed Thread