It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
thoughts on Dr. Seere

Hi everyone. I have a clinical diagnosis of Lyme (all negative tests so far) and am being treated with 1500mg Tetra by an LLMD. I am not totally confident of my LMMD (as some of you know) and I would like a second opinion. I would really like the second opinion person to do more testing to see if I can get an objective diagnosis and I would like them to be covered. I am thinking of seeing dr A. Steere. I know a lot of Lymies feel Dr. Steere has sold us out but my understanding is that he is still significantly in the research arena, has access to diagnostic testing that others do not have and will not make a clinical diagnosis.

I am thinking that as he refuses to make a clinical diagnosis, he will try harder to get a diagnostic one and will have more tools in his toolbelt for that and for treatment if we find I am positive. However, I do not know where he stands as to treatment.

Does anyone know more about his current leanings on Lyme and whether my expectations would be met?

Thanks,I appreciate the feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: thoughts on Dr. Seere

Hi zandvoort. I definitely would not choose Dr. Steere for a second opinion. He does not have a good reputation in the Lyme community.

There was a post about him a few months ago. You can read it at http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=517540&highlight=dr+ste ere

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
Re: thoughts on Dr. Seere

Thanks Ticker. I was worried that since I have neuro issues, no joint issues, Dr Steere would not be the right guy. But he did so much research on Lyme- you'd think he knew what he was talking about. Wasn't he the one who found that Bb was causing the problems in Ct in the first place?

Closed Thread