It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

DizzyAmber81 HB UserDizzyAmber81 HB User
Could this be lyme???

I have been thinking maybe I have lyme disease. I do have a weird circular rash on my foot its red in the middle and like a purplish darker red around the outside, but it has been there for like 2 years. Around the time it showed up I had gotten horribly dizzy and sick for a couple of days then it went away for 2 years with a couple of dizzy spells here and there then all of a sudden 4 months ago I got all these horrible symptoms constant headache and dizzy groggy weird feeling in my head 24/7 along with others that seem to come and go. I had a normal blood test for lyme done by my neurology office, it came back neg. But Im wondering could they treat me for it maybe based on the rash that is still there 2 years later or is it even possible for a lyme rash to last this long???? Or should I cross this off my list of possibilities??? The main reason I suspected it is the rash but my symptoms match lyme symptoms among a million other things. LOL could anyone give me some advice.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
(female)

AquaticChic HB User
Re: Could this be lyme???

Hi,

It definately sounds like you could have Lyme Disease. Most doctors don't understand Lyme Disease, so it is important to see one that does. There are Lyme doctors called Lyme Literate Medical Doctors (LLMD). Where do you live? I'm sure someone on here could recommend a good LLMD that you could go to.

It's really common for people with Lyme to get false negative blood test results. LLMDs can diagnose you based on your symptoms.

Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

DizzyAmber81 HB UserDizzyAmber81 HB User

Hi thanks for that I have done massive research on this subject but what I cant find is if a lyme rash can last 2 years. I have alot of the symptoms but they fit alot of disorders and I live in lincoln nebraska where there arent alot of great doctors I have no health insurance and 2 little kids a husband that works all the time and a big mortgage payment. Sooo if the rash would be enough I wonder if the doctor could diagnose me based on that if it is possible to have the initial rash last this long. Its just so frustrating it could be so many things. But then even if he did im sure they wouldnt give me a long enough dose of antibiotics sometimes I feel I should just give up and live with it.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi Dizzy- don''t give up! Definitely keep the research going and it can only help - not hurt- to get the opinion of an LLMD. If it is NOT lyme, they will tell you. At least you can rule it out. And if it IS Lyme, you need to get treated. It can get pretty bad if you let it go. There are people on this board who are bed ridden but with treatment can walk again. And you are right- no one but an LLMD will treat you proprerly.

Good luck.

Closed Thread