It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
(female)

Abuddog HB User
back to square 1

my doc took me off antibiotics a few weeks ago. started to have a few symptoms but feel like i am about to rehabilitate myself start to exercise etc. doc thinks that i have mercury toxicity right? so he orders bloodwork.

so my wonderful doctor gets my blood tests results back for the metal toxicity and its low! hooray. but for some Fing reason!!!! he thinks i should pay over $1000 to get my fillings removed and that ALL my symptoms are due to that!

***???? he hasnt even done the lyme protocol at all! just gave me antibiotics for a long time and low at that. even the wrong ones and not nearly long enough.

so i was able to convince him that i felt better on the antibiotics and now i'm feeling worse so he prescribed me the previous antibiotic again!!! what should i do???

i live in Los Angeles. and I'm poor! but i have PPO insurance so thats good.

(by the way I see Dr. G)

Last edited by Abuddog; 11-13-2007 at 11:07 PM.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

LymieGirl HB User
Re: back to square 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuddog View Post
my doc took me off antibiotics a few weeks ago. started to have a few symptoms but feel like i am about to rehabilitate myself start to exercise etc. doc thinks that i have mercury toxicity right? so he orders bloodwork.

so my wonderful doctor gets my blood tests results back for the metal toxicity and its low! hooray. but for some Fing reason!!!! he thinks i should pay over $1000 to get my fillings removed and that ALL my symptoms are due to that!

***???? he hasnt even done the lyme protocol at all! just gave me antibiotics for a long time and low at that. even the wrong ones and not nearly long enough.

so i was able to convince him that i felt better on the antibiotics and now i'm feeling worse so he prescribed me the previous antibiotic again!!! what should i do???

i live in Los Angeles. and I'm poor! but i have PPO insurance so thats good.

(by the way I see Dr. G)
Abuddog....

See if you can find another doctor -- one who is "Lyme Literate".

I don't understand why so many doctors only give a Lymie antibiotics for a few months and then call it good. It can take 3 to 5 years to beat Lyme (from what I have read). So why do doctors give you a few months of antibiotics and then refuse to give you more?

I've heard the excuse that the doctors think "long-term antibiotic use is a bad idea". Yet, they give acne patients long-term antibiotics. I do believe that Lyme is a little more serious than acne!

Another thing that is strange. I read an old article that Berkley in California was working on a cure for Lyme involving a lizard. That was almost 10 years ago. There has been NO word since on that. I emailed the man in charge of the studies and asked if they had made progress. I never got an answer. I think the studies have been dropped. Why?

In a nutshell, Abuddog, Lymies seem to be on their own. Acne sufferers get more help from doctors than a Lyme sufferer does. In fact, bald men get more help than Lyme sufferers.

Find another doctor.

LymieGirl

Last edited by LymieGirl; 11-14-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

Abuddog HB User

i'm planning on starting to see a doc to do the marshall protocol starting in january when we have enough funds. right now we are flat broke in debt and living by paycheck.

also i wanted to say that i was seeing dr g in thousand oaks. anyone else see him and have bad or good experience?

Last edited by Abuddog; 11-14-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User

Hi there.. can I ask how/when you think you may have gotten Lyme? I lived in Northridge just before moving here to Ohio, a few years ago. I have an aunt who lives just a couple miles from there, who was bit by a tick.. had a rash, etc.. her doctor told her there isn't Lyme there. From the sounds of it, you're lucky you found somebody who treated you at all.

(I may have had Lyme for some time, but while living in SoCal, I had a few wierd rashes pop up over the years. Only recently found out I have Lyme)

Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
(female)

Abuddog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by datgrlstef View Post
Hi there.. can I ask how/when you think you may have gotten Lyme? I lived in Northridge just before moving here to Ohio, a few years ago. I have an aunt who lives just a couple miles from there, who was bit by a tick.. had a rash, etc.. her doctor told her there isn't Lyme there. From the sounds of it, you're lucky you found somebody who treated you at all.

(I may have had Lyme for some time, but while living in SoCal, I had a few wierd rashes pop up over the years. Only recently found out I have Lyme)
yeah well i went a while with no doctor really treating me. i became totally disabled from it so i had to find a doc who can treat me and luckily was able to look him up.

Closed Thread