It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
(female)

smith20 HB User
Holistic Treatment

Hi everyone,
Can someone explain (simply) the whole approach to Lymes Treatment & when different stages are appropriate?
I am just in month 3 of ABX, and am interested in what else I can do to fight the illness......I have seen posts on detox baths, detox diet, excercise etc....was wondering about yoga & massage also. I know I need to rebuild my immune system - even on one of my good days I look tired / drawn / old! But is NOW the time to do that or do I wait until the ABX have been working longer?
And what about hot tubs? We have one at home.....would this be a good substitute for detox baths? I read that BB hates heat - something we don't have in common as I could sit in a hot tub all day. But what about all the toxins that would remain in the water (yuk!). I guess the chemicals would take care of them but then are the chemicals also toxic?
My doctor has been very good about explaining what he thinks is wrong but not what he thinks the long term treatment strategy should be....so I'm trying to piece it all together myself.
Thanks, and wishing you all a good day.....
Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Holistic Treatment

I know that massage is good for cleaning out the Lymph system....So yes massage would be good. Also helps to break up the tight muscles'...

The hot tub I don't see why it wouldn't be good on your muscels also. I use to have one before the big "D". And used it alot. Sometimes it made me very weak though...

The detox baths is what I do now. The Epsom Salts pulls out the dead bacteria's the peroxide puts oxygen back into your skin...

Yoga is good to get the blood flow and such going...

Infared Sauna's are suppose to be great for sweating and helping to kill off bacteria...

Remember to drink LOTS of water...and sweat away

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
(female)

smith20 HB User

Thanks jojo and zandvoort....
I tried the hot tub last night & when I got out I had to lie down. My head & upper spine area were throbbing big time.....I hope that's a good thing.

zandvoort - how do the ion cleanse foot baths work? I think I'd like to try that.....and how do you know its heavy metals they are pulling out?

Thanks!
Sarah

Old 11-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi Smith-

I do not pretend to understand the science behind the foot bath. Somehow, the positive and negatively charged water flow through your body and acts as a magnat (how do you spell that?) to stuff that is floating around not doing anything good. Your body is made of what, 90% water? Anyways, there are color charts that tell you what is coming out. It is a leap of faith that they have scientifically evaluated the substances coming out and are telling you the truth. I get a lot of black flecks and the color of the water is black when I am done and the metallic smell is overpowering! I get other colors too but that is the most prevalent. I noticed today that while I felt great yesterday after doing it, I feel extra tired and weak today. I guess it taxes your body somewhat which is why they say not to do it too often- I am doing it every three days. Eventually, the water is supposed to run clear after the 30 minute treatment and them you know you do not have a lot of junk left. Be well!

Closed Thread