It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Im knocked out with these episodes...

Hi, Have just had a terrible 3 days. Started off with intense nerve pain in my legs and back, every time I lowered my neck I would get electric shock pain down through my torso. Then I started throwing up, and I just felt I was on the verge of collapse. This episode has really knocked me for six. Im still having back pain, right through to my tailbone, so I have to be carefull when sitting down. Yesterday, I had like brain fog, and my whole thought process slowed down, I couldnt respond in time to conversation, and even though I was aware I had to communicate I couldnt find the words quick enough. I went to walk and ended up shuffling like someone with Parkinsons. Its like every sympton kicked in all at once. Its so frustrating because the onslaught came very quickly and even though I feel better than I did, I feel washed out with it now....Has anyone else experianced this, where it comes and then tapers off and leaves you feeling totally knocked out....I don,t know how much more of this I can take....Its so up and down....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User
Re: Im knocked out with these episodes...

Hello,

I had this a couple of weeks ago. Felt fine all day and then that night I felt like I had got hit by a truck. Everything hurt, my heart raced, my legs felt like they weighed a ton and I could barely walk. I tossed and turned all night and the next day felt sick to my stomach and very weak from it but I pushed through some how and felt better. So far it has not really happened again but I know what you mean.

I understand about not knowing how much you can take. It gets to be so much and so hard to deal with. I thought I was getting better but I am now having head shakes again and tingling in my face. Feels like I am back to square one. Even losing more weight which is not what I need at this point so we will see.

Good luck and hang in there. We are all in this together!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Im knocked out with these episodes...

Hi topsy123.

I had that happen to me; it was just awful.

I remember being spoken to and I felt I was stuffed inside a marshmallow and it took minutes for the words I heard to sink in and reach me.

Then I had to process those words and it felt near impossible.

It took even longer for me to gather a response - I just could not find the words even though in my head I had an inkling of what I wanted to say.

To an observer, I must have appeared to be a bumbling idiot. It was so upsetting for me to be inarticulate, to not be able to respond to a simple question like "What are you doing?"

I did not have the shooting nerve pain you do, but I did have trouble walking. I have Bartonella and the foot pain was terrible. When I took a step, I felt as though my foot was going to tear in half so I walked hunched over with a frankenstien shuffle.

I had nausea and vomitting too. One day I threw up for 12 hours - absolutely horrid.

I sometimes wanted to die because living was just so painful and miserable. I would wake up, open my eyes and just begin to cry because I felt so bad.

The best I can tell you is that it does get better. I slowly improved with treatment and now I can walk and talk and I can't recall the last time I vomitted. On a good day I can plant shrubs and run errands.

So hang in there, okay? It will get better. I feel for you having to go through this hon.

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Closed Thread