It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User
How hard was it to get approved for IV through insurance?

I am in the process of setting up insurance through my company ( I just started work here and we are getting it, I have a great boss). Anyway, found out that if you go through group coverage through employer pre existing does not matter so that helps. But how hard was it to get approval for the IV meds? How long does it take?

Looks like our insurance will be kicking in Jan 1. That is good because doctor said next month he will know if I am switching to it.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: How hard was it to get approved for IV through insurance?

Hi fernee.

My experience wasn't bad at all.

My insurance approved my IV the first time my LLMD applied for it. It helped that I had a test result positive for Lyme.

They've been paying for my IV medicine since May 10th, so that's 6 months. I see my LLMD every 2 weeks and she submits the prescription every 2 weeks. So every 2 weeks I cross my fingers that I'll get another delivery of medicine.

I hope things as well for you - try not to worry.

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User

I hope that it goes that smooth for me also. My LLMD said that we will also need my primary doctor to sign the orders so not sure how that will work since they only treated me with 4 weeks of doxy.

I also did test positive for lyme so hopefully it will be ok. Do you loose weight being on the IV since it is stronger. I am so worried because I do not need to loose anymore at this point.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernee View Post
I hope that it goes that smooth for me also. My LLMD said that we will also need my primary doctor to sign the orders so not sure how that will work since they only treated me with 4 weeks of doxy.

I also did test positive for lyme so hopefully it will be ok. Do you loose weight being on the IV since it is stronger. I am so worried because I do not need to loose anymore at this point.
Please make sure to take some probiotics when you start your IV They are very important to maintain your intestinal tract I have done alot better with this since my lyme doc told me about them I had a surgery 3 years ago which got infected in the hospital and they gave me 21 days of IV while I had nothing but fluids and it killed all the good germs as well I suffered for two years with having to use a sitz bath almost every day to relieve the pain and burning so make sure to ask about them if you are not already taking them
Good luck with the insurance company Mine thank goodness has been great
ryebeach

Closed Thread