It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
No MRI Issues! No Co-Infections

No thyroid issues, no B12 issues, no blood sugar issues, none of the 17 tests that were run on me were abnormal.

Now Dr P is putting me on meds to help with my chronic pain and tiredness from having the Lyme for 8 years....

BUT no other outstanding issues.

I'm so so so so so relieved. I didn't even ask which meds he's calling in, i'll post about that later.

I just can't wait to feel better again and to get to where we can start a family.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Re: No MRI Issues! No Co-Infections

this is almost, almost making me forget about that pain i'm feeling right now HAH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Congratulations Amiloo! That is fantastic news! I am so happy for you! Did Dr P say how long it might be before you feel better?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Zand, I'm terrible but I didn't even ask the woman who called me.

I'm going to have a look at the meds, if I have q's I'll call them...but i'll start taking them and give them a call with issues and questions....

I can't imagine it will be super soon, and i'm not sure if he's still putting me on tetricyclin like he was going to, to see if it's still active in my body and if I herxed....but we'll see.

Sorry I don't have a lot of answers. i was so happy about all of the major issues being negative, no leisions, no co infections, none of the many other things he tested me for...that i said 'ok i will pick up the meds and go from there'

AHAH

Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Aimiloo, glad nothing showed up on your test. And I don't mean to ruin your nice day...just please be aware that test for co-infections are not accurate just like the lyme testing. And I do believe the thyroid test can be inaccurate also. If you are showing symptoms of the co-infections talk your doctor into treating you.

I know I had Babesia, and Bartonella, and was never treated for them beings my test either came our pending or negative...WELL 8 years later I talk to the doctor I see now cause of reading about all of these things and reading other people's post here. I was still have problems with my breathing. I talked to my docotor he put me on med for Babesia and OH MY GOSH I do believe it is working...just please watch for signs ....Bartonella I knew I had cause I had the red marks...

Did you doctor also test you for Epstein Barr Virus and Cytomeglovirus?? And any of the other herpe family??? these can cause you from a successful recovery also.

I do wish you lots of luck and a speedy recovery!!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

The epstein barr yes, i do know i was tested for that. The other one, i'm not so sure

I'll monitior it and see what happens with the co-infections.....

Old 11-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

PS thanks jojo, i don't mean to sound ungrateful!

I know there is so much to learn....i'm just excited to start treatment and to see what happens along the way

Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Well tomorrow starts day 1 of 300 mg doxy ( 100 3 times a day). I've read about when to take it, I see I need to get some ascidopholus as well to take 2 hours after. I'm severely limiting wine now and for the forseeable future and I don't eat white things, so that's easy for me to cut. The sugar...well, I'm going to do my best.

My only concern is that I love coffee, and I know I'm not supposed to have anything dairy 2 hours before and after my meds....and I love milk in my coffee. Is even a few tbsp playing with fire? If so, I guess I'll have to use non dairy creamer. Blech!

Closed Thread