It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
(female)

ryebeach HB User
looking for lebnin

Hi Leb
I have not been on the boards for a long time I wanted to check how you were doing I know you went to the same doc in hampton nh and wanted to check on you to see if you found a good one locally I went to dr raxlen in ny city I have had a better road to recovery than in jan last year but am only about half way there Couple of surgeries Had my gall bladder removed and sent a biopsy to Igenex came back positive for plasmid B burgdorferi LYME
Not just in our heads I guess it is preety rare to find this part which is the fragments I guess of the germ for I still can't think the way I used to spelling and word regonition from my head to computer
Hope all is well for you and I just want to be able to get back to work It has been almost a year
Ryebeach

Old 11-18-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
(female)

Lebnin HB User
Re: looking for lebnin

Hi Ryebeach, Nice to hear from you ! There are 2 lyme literate doctors in Kennebunk Maine ( Milliken and Mulcahey) I could be wrong on the spelling of the 2nd one.One is an MD and the doctor I'm seeing is a naturopath. I only had one visit so far. I believe he will help me. Wow , I'm sorry for all the surgeries you have to endure. Recovering from them must take time. I had two while having lyme and it took a long time to recoupe. I had a great 4-5 weeks when I stopped abx about 2 months ago. I was on ammox and minocycline. I stopped minocycline because I just could not function on it. It made me herx continuously. I did not realize that just staying on ammox with out the minocycline was such a bad idea. Of course, you know we had no doctor at this time so I tried to self treat. Anyway after about 5 weeks, boy did i have some serious nerve issues and now my feet are really bothering me.
I found a wonderful suppord group in s. paris me. It is a drive but well worth it. It is called the Oxford hills Lyme disease support group. Every Tuesday night they meet. A senator is actually coming this Tuesday. I'm not sure if I can give out any more info on these boards.
I hope you continue to recver and the least amount of pain the better, Take care, Leb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Hi Leb
Thanks for responding so quickly I am sorry to hear you had such a hard run of things This stuff is so tedious and expensive As we all well know I think I will most likely be broke but I guess it is better than this Still haven't been able to go back to work On my really tired days I feel like I have run a marathon with burning legs crying headaches and over all feeling like crap I will give the support group a try I will try to get more info so I can make it there I really need some support As we all know we look pretty normal so everyone expects us to be that way I haven't felt normal as you probably know since my surgery Barely came out of the sedation It took 2 days instead of 3 hrs I can barerly remember the nurses scrambling around bringing in the portable xray machine and then was out again What was suppose to be a day surgery turned out to be a 4 day stay I believe what really brought me around was my son visiting and my 2 year old great neice . Thank goodness for the power of wanting to come back to the people who need you most .
Still struggling with the household issues Yuk
Talk to you and the rest of the board soon
Ryebeach

Old 11-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
(female)

Lebnin HB User

Hi Ryebeach, The group meets at the hope and healing center on High Steet 6-8 every Tues night.(mapquest directions) I'm planning on going but they are calling for bad weather, this could change my plan. Take care , Leb

Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Hi Leb
I will try to make it tonight unless the weather is too sloppy I will map it out Hope to join the group tonight and check it out
Hope all is well with you and your family
ryebeach

Closed Thread