It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
(male)

Rodney99 HB User
New Lyme (maybe)

I am new to this board. Hello everybody. I'm undergoing treatment for possible lyme with doxy at 200 mg 2x day. I did the Igenex tests and the co-infections panel was negative. My western blot results are: IGM bands 23-25 IND..34 IND..41 +++. IGG bands 39 IND and 41 +++. all others negative. Does this sound like a probably Lyme case? I did have a bullseye rash prior to these symptoms. I live in Georgia and we supposedly don't live in an endemic area. Can being on antibiotics while drawing blood for a western blot affect the test?
Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
Re: New Lyme (maybe)

Hi Rodney- welcome to the board! I am not a pro at reading the WB- mine was negative- but Ticker will help you. I am guessing since someone put you on treatment it is positive. She will stress the importance of seeing a Lyme Literate Doctor (LLMD). There is a huge controversy in the Lyme world about how to treat. Some docs think a month or less does the job, even though the symptoms persist. Others who have studied Lyme and treat patients for Lyme more specifically, feel that you should be treated until the symptoms go away. Otherwise, you never really got rid of it. The longer you go untreated, the longer it takes to get rid of. Often people feel better after a month of treatment but then a month later feel horrible. Please do research on the web. Itis extremely unlikely you will get a knowledgeable story from your doc if s/he is not an LLMD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Hi rodney,

I also live in GA. I am in Alpharetta. Are you being treated by an LLMD or a PCP. I have been getting treatment for the past year here in GA and have not gotten well. I have since then made an appt with Dr. Raxlen in nyc and I will see him next week.

This Lyme thing is way out of grasp for these Dr.'s here in GA. There are a few here that say they know how to treat but they will only go so far and then try and tell you it may be something that you will have to live with!

I have heard that more int he past few weeks than I ever cared to. I refuse to accept it. I am going to keep on fighting!

I hope you get some good help in GA. It may be something that you will need to go out of state to an LLMD to receive the proper care you need! I am always on boards if you need and support or help!

Thanks,
Onmyway

Old 11-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Hey onmyway...the Dr. I see has an office in alpharetta. Dr. "P"? We may see the same Dr. Actually I have seen some improvements on the Doxy. I would like to see more improvements in my neuro symptoms however. I have balance issues and a sort of vague vertigo. Not really spinning kind of like a rocking sensation. Did you get bit in GA? Did you test positive? If not what did your banding look like. I have a feeling that the strain of borellia in GA is different and so we may not test postitive. It's nice to connect with a local.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

This is a run-down of my test results:
Igenex Western Blot IGM
23-25 IND
34 IND
41+++
all others negative
Igenex Western Blot IGG
39 IND
41+++
(band 58 positive on previous blot by another lab)
all others negative
babesia pcr negative
bartonella henselae IGM negative
Bartonella henselae IGG negative
I did take the Igenex tests while taking doxycycline. I've gotten conflicting opinions as to whether this will effect the test. Any thoughts on these specific bands or banding patterns?

Old 11-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Yes we are seeing the same doctor.

My test results were
IGG:
34 Ind
39 Ind
41+

IGM:
30++
31 Ind
39 Ind
66+

Did Dr. P test you through Igenex? Did he also do all of your co-infection testing as well? I had already done all of my testing before I got to see him so he did not have to order any tests, However he should have ordered co-infection testing but he never did.

I do not know when I was bit. My parents have a lake house on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee and I was up there for a week last August. I started feeling really bad two weeks later. It has been down hill ever since! Dr. P treated me until September of 07 and then he was out ill. I switched Dr's to another ID doc in Alpharetta at Northside Forsyth Medical bldgs and she put me on 400mg of Doxy per day. It has done nothing for me. I keep slipping backwards. I have a lot of neurological issues so i strongly think DR.R will probably put me back on the picc line. That is where I saw the most improvement!

Do you live in Alpharetta? How weird you are my neighbor.

Did you see the tick? Did you get a rash? When did you start seeing Dr. P.?

Onmyway

Old 11-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

I actually live in woodstock. I was bitten july 2006 but didn't realize my "spider bite" was probably a tick until august of this year. Most of my symptoms are neuro as well. A weird vertigo and tingling senstations along with brain fog, headaches, sounds in my neck, eye twitches 24/7 etc. But I have seen improvements on the Doxy. I don't twitch anymore and barely ever tingle. My head is slightly clearer but still just as dizzy. My body temp has warmed up to normal as well. I did herx really good to the doxy at first. I felt like I had arthritis or coming down with the flu. I have not done IV yet. I have a feeling that may do it for me. Let me know how you make out. Oh yeah.. I saw you are going to New York for treatment. Did you ever consider Dr Jamsek in North Carolina? He is a lot closer and had a specialty clinic for Lyme.
Good Luck and get well

Old 11-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

That is quite a while to go undiagnosed. How did you find Dr. P? I love him I htink he is a very compasionate Dr. and he has great bedside manner. i also love all his staff.

I chose Dr. Raxlen becasue he comes very highly recommended for neurological Lyme. I have ready many posts and he always gets good comments! i was originally going to go to Dr. Jemsek and then I found Dr. P. Dr. P told me that he speaks with Dr. j a lot and he was actually getting advice from Dr. J on my case. It just seemed like nothing was working. I thnk there is an underlying co-infection or a series of viruses that we are missing!

How long have you been going to Dr. P.? Do you think he will put you on the Picc Line?

Like I said I am always here to talk. Please let me know if I can do anything!

Take Care.
Onmyway

Closed Thread