It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
(male)

crc9 HB User
Lyme, stomach, gas and chest problems

Hi,

I'd had lyme for about a year, or that's how long ago I was diagnosed. I had problems with my PC doctor and ended up going to CT to finally get treated after 8 months after my PC did the usual test and came up with negative results.
After going to CT they came up positive. I saw the bites, the rash and then got sick also. Told my PC but still wouldn't believe me. Best thing I did was go to CT! I'm from MA.

After being on antibiotics for 5 months I'm starting to feel better, I've been off them a month now but still have these symptoms. I'm going on a midline in a week with Cef and will be taking doxy orally for a month to try to get rid of a few more of the symptoms.

My question is has anybody seen these symptoms:

I have a lot of indigestion, gas and burp for hours. Then I feel a little dizzy some pain in my chest from the gas I think. My stomach is a mess and seems to be the most affected right now. I was eating yogurt and taking acidopolous (sp) all along. My ribs and chest hurt only on my left side, it's starting to go away but still have some minor pain sometimes. I've done the EGK, stress test and everything is ok there. It also seems to drive my blood pressure crazy. Up one day and down the next. Sorry be long winded.

I've heard positive results from the midline?

Thanks,

crc9

Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Re: Lyme, stomach, gas and chest problems

have you talked to the dr about reflux?

I had some pluratic chest pains that they thought might be related to reflux, they were very sharp and painful when i breathed in.

I didn't have reflux issues though, it was just a 'random' bout of pluracy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
(male)

crc9 HB User

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I'm taking protonix for the acid reflux but it doesn't seem to help. I'm heading to my pc this afternoon to talk to him more about it. Never seem to have it this bad before the lyme.

crc9

Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
(male)

crc9 HB User

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I'm taking protonix for the acid reflux but it doesn't seem to help. I'm heading to my pc this afternoon to talk to him more about it. Never seem to have it this bad before the lyme.

crc9

Old 11-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #5
(female)

Lebnin HB User

Hi crc9, Yeah my general practitioner did the same with me. He did not believe I had lyme even though I had bite and rash /also worked landscaping for 20 years.(that should have been a sure sign) Anyway, I have had a lot of bouts with the gas/reflux pain stuff. I noticed it was much worse if I took any pills prior to bed. I know how difficult it is to squeeze vitamins , supplements acidophilus and antibiotics in. The only pills I take just before bed and am safe is the acidophilus. I also had a real bad reflux/gas type issues when the lyme/coinfection problems symptoms were causing a lot of post nasal drip at night. I guess you are also informed about Candida(yeast overload) that we can get from taking high amounts of antibiotics.This causes these symptms too Reflux is very painful and can also feel like heart pain and tightness. I hope you get some answers and hopefully I said something helpful. Take Care, Leb

Old 11-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
(male)

crc9 HB User

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Getting a little better but still have the gas and reflux. Now my ribs are killing me!

Closed Thread