It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Question about 'the diet'

So I'm cutting dairy, will use soy milk in my coffee and oats as necessary.

I'm going to do my absolute best to stay away from flours, but when I do it will be whole wheat items.

Something I haven't seen, is barley and brown rice OK? Whole Wheat Cous Cous?

My Dr. gave me no guidance, i'm just going by what I read here and also the Doxy guidelines on dairy.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Re: Question about 'the diet'

ok well, i went to whole foods and stocked up on all things brown rice and soy based.

White flours, sugars and dairy will be items of my distant past.

My husband kept telling me to cheer up as I looked like doom walking around whole foods. :X

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
(female)

mesmall HB User

I know how you feel.I'm on meat and greens only.No dairy,wheat,flour,sugar,or even any colored veggie!! My diet consists of 3 eggs every am. with black tea with stevia, Lunch: I'm eating lots of sauteed garlic shrimp or hamburger patties,or steak with spring mix with garlic and olive oil and some Mrs. Dash.Dinner: steak chicken or fish with 2 green veggies. It's been12 days on this diet and i feel remarkably well! Like I just woke up from a good nights sleep. This is like EXTREME atkins diet. My sugar cravings are gone but I'm definately getting bored with the menu.Doc gave me permission to cheat a little on Thanksgiving so I'm hanging on to that.(No dessert though,he wouldn't bend on the sugar).After that I only have one more week to go. Knowing how good I Can feel will probably keep me eating like this for a long time.I will always have to weigh the benefit before I chow.I mean ,if I'm gonna cheat,it better be downright gourmet decadence. When I feel like breaking down and cheating,I just tell myself that I want to be well more than I want to eat.
The first few days are the hardest,after that,it's just using your imagination with the ingrediants you have to work with. Oh yeah,Every week I cook a chicken on the rotisserie and make soup withit and all of my leftover greens from dinner. The "GreenSoup" is what I snack on all day.
Good luck and stay strong!

Old 11-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Thanks!

Since I haven't gotten any guidance from my Dr. on how to eat, i'm just making the changes from things I read on here and from Dr. burascano's piece.

I have to think that any change i make is a good one.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

One doctor a while back gave me a Candida diet...It was VERY strict....I was weighing in at around 100 lbs at the time...Throwing up a lot...so the doctor that was treating me for lyme told me...Restricing like sugars and flours was good. But he wanted me to get down as much food as I could ....Our bodies still need nutriton....

I drank rice milk, soy milk....subsituted my sugar with stivia, bought yeast free breads...

Sounds like you are on the right track...

I do believe if you do some research you can find Candida diets on the internet....

Good Luck...

You can find rice Ice cream subsitute's also

Hugs

Closed Thread