It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Is it too early to feel this bad?

I've had this in my system for 8 years.

It's only day 2 of Doxy. I've taken 500 mg thus far and already i'm feeling really grim.

Headache like you can't believe

My joints are killing me. Shooting back pains. I feel totally in a fog. I walked around Whole Foods last night looking for new options to my new eating pattern...and I was so overwhelmed and tired that i almost threw a fit.

I'm drinking water like it's my job. I take my vitamins, probiotics in the morning....I assumed I'd start not feeling well in a week's time, not on day 2 of ABX!

Last edited by Aimiloo; 11-20-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Added legnth of sickness

Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
(male)

Lymekicker HB User
Re: Is it too early to feel this bad?

Hello Aimiloo! Sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad. I felt like garbage early on when I took Doxy as well. I started on a lighter dose for a little bit then worked up to 400mgs/day. It is not at all fun until your body adjusts to it, but hang in there it does get better. Tho everyone's different, you should see some improvement soon. I took Ceftin later on and my body didn't dig that stuff too much either. Hopefully within the next few days(or hopefully a day or two!) you should start feeling better. This disease sucks but try to just take it one day at a time and it WILL get better. I ate non-dairy yogurt(I'm vegan) everyday along with maxbiotic and it really seemed to help my stomach. Try to keep positive and all of us dealing with this on this board are hoping to hear that you're feeling better soon! M.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Thanks Lyme Kicker

I'll try the non dairy yogurt next week. I'm on the soy milk now....and have a few other substitutes but i'm not ready to make that plunge yet hehe.

it just seemed to get worse and worse all day but i'm holding on to the fact that it's doing something if I feel like this!

Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 AM   #4
(female)

sonshyn HB User

soooo sorry to hear you are feeling so awful. when hubby took his antib's he got sooo sick it wasn't funny. you can always drop the dose. Hubby chose to stick it through and try to get better faster. Myself, I can't do that. I cut my dose to what i can handle. I am a mom and really can't afford to be unable to function.

Hope you feel much better soon. We kept a diary/journal and it helped us see what was going on. Remember you ARE getting better even tho you are getting worse. Weird disease!

Jo

Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Thanks,

I'm sticking with it! Those first 48 hours were rough. Now i'm just experienceing pains here and there.

The worst is the pain under my shoulderblades. A few days ago it was my whole left side. Then it moved to the middle of my spine. Last night it was HORRIBLE in my right shoulder blade. I had to take ibuprofen with codeine. I thought for sure it would be a nightmare today.

Nope, it's back to my left side. AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well, it's been 8 years. I'm not going to feel better over night!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Aimiloo. It is never too early to feel so bad! Of course, I am kidding.

Many people herx at the beginning or change of treatment. The bacteria has had free reign all this time and now they are being attacked. They are not happy! It does sound like the Doxy is working.

Make sure you follow all the guidelines about taking Doxy. Make sure you take the acidophilus at least two hours apart from the antibiotics.

Good luck with your treatment!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

HAH yeah how silly of me!

I'm being very strict on following the instructions! No dairy, no alcohol, i take my ascidopholis and vitamins in the morning 3 hours before I take my first doxy.

I do need to work on getting my diet back to all whole grains and generally better for me...but i'm getting there.

I do get these glimpses, sometimes half an hour or sometimes 10 minutes where i'm dancing around and hyper, my old self. it's random, but it's a little light into a long road ahead.

Closed Thread