It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
(male)

Rodney99 HB User
Question for Ticker

Ticker, I understand you are the person to ask about western blot bands. What do you make of my Igenex Blot? I had this done While on The doxy BTW.

IGM
23-25 IND
34 IND
41 +++

IGG
39 IND
41+++

Thanks Ticker

Old 11-21-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Question for Ticker

Hi Rodney....as you can tell I am not Ticker...

From what I have learned 41 is the first band to show if you have Lyme. Yours is a positive...

I also had the IND's on my test...From what I learned it is most likely unditemined but stands for a positive....

Ticker has a list of bands and what they mean..You might beable to find them at the top of the board...If not I am sure she will be along and post them for you....

From what I see you have a positive...Especially if you have the symptoms to go along with it....

Did your doctor start you on treatment???

Hope you find answers soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Thanks for your reply JoJo. Yes I do have symptoms, and I did have a bullseye rash. But I went undiagnosed for 14 months because here in Ga, there is no education about Lyme and I thought the rash was from a spider or something. But I am the kind of person who needs "proof" I guess, especially when shelling out money for tests and such. I heard band 41 cross reacts with syphillis and peridontal disease, which I have neither of, so I guess it's got to be borellia! Now If I could just get rid of it.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

onmyway HB User

Hi Rodney,
How are you appts going with Dr. P? I am actually going to see him on monday at 2:15.

Have you started any kind of a treatment program? What did he say about your test results?

Keep me updated. Take Care!

Onmyway

Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Hey Onmyway. I go back to see him on the 29. As far as my tests, he said that technically it's a negative which is frustrating for him and patient. But, at least he knows lyme is a clinical diagnoisis. I'm still on the Doxy and still dizzy but seem to be improving in little ways all the time. I see you went to NYC for treatment. I'm very curious how that goes for you. Maybe I will follow in your footsteps. BTW I may change my screen name. I see there is another Rodney here LOL.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Rodney. Below is a breakdown of the Western Blot bands:

9 cross-reactive for Borrellia
12 specific for Bb
18 unknown
20 cross-reactive for Borrellia
21 unknown
22 specific for Bb, probably really the 23/25 band
23-25 outer surface protein C (OspC), specific for Bb
28 unknown
30 unknown; probably an outer surface protein; common in European and
one California strain
31 outer surface protein A (OspA), specific for Bb
34 outer surface protein B (OspB); specific for Bb
35 specific for Bb
37 specific for Bb
38 cross-reactive for Bb
39 is a major protein of Bb flagellin; specific for Bb
41 flagellin protein of all spirochetes; this is usually the first to appear after a Bb infection and is specific for all Borrellia
45 cross-reactive for all Borellia (sometimes people with Lyme who have
this band positive also have the co-infection Ehrlichiosis)
50 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
55 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
57 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
58 unknown but may be a heat-shock Bb protein
60 cross reactive for all Borrellia
66 cross-reactive for all Borrelia, common in all bacteria
83 specific antigen for the Lyme bacterium, probably a cytoplasmic membrane
93 unknown, probably the same protein in band 83, just migrates differently in some patients

The IgM tests for a more recent infection and the IgG a longer standing one. Band 23-25, 34, and 39 are Lyme specific bands and yours are IND. Band 41 is often the first to show and yours are positive. I think these results are significant.

How long ago did you have the Western Blot done? What dose of Doxy are you taking? Have you been tested for the co-infecitons?

Old 11-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

The western blot is recent. It is actually my second. The first one from another lab (not Igenex) Showed IGM with band 41, and IGG with bands 41 and 58. They don't report IND. bands..The 58 band didn't show even an IND with Igenex, so that's a mystery. I am taking doxy 200mg 2x a day. I was bitten and had they em rash 16 months ago, but didn't get diagnosed and treatment started until 10 weeks ago.I did the Igenex babesia pcr and the bartonella IGM IGG..both were negative as was my borellia pcr. Thanks for you input Ticker.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Rodney just in case you don't know...

The test for the co-infections are not reliable either. ....You must go on your symptoms....

Lyme test as you are seeing aren't reliable either...when I got tested one test wouldn't pull up anything...another would pull up a band maybe two and the next would pull up different ones...It got really confusing...

Hope you get on the proper treatment soon!

Happy Turkey day!

Closed Thread