It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User
Cd-57

I am wondering if this test is needed to be done in a certain amount of time? What I mean by this is... Today I went to get my bloodwork done at Lab corp and I realized that tom is a holiday. Will they run the tests before the holiday or does the blood sit? Does that make sense

Old 11-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Cd-57

Hi purplepiegirl! Long time no hear. I hope you're doing okay.

I can't imagine that the lab would let the blood sit too long. I don't know what the laws are, but the blood has a shelf life, so they have x many hours to get the test run.

I wouldn't worry.

Let us know what's up with you, okay?

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
(female)

ryebeach HB User

hi purplepiegirl
I am sorry to hear you been sick Lab corp is the one company who does a more accurate cd-57 test from what I hear from m =y doctors asistant She is very helpful a understands our position we are in I would not worry too much I think you are good hands with lab corp Just keep in mind it may with the holidays take a week to ten days to get the results I belive they send them to a lab in nj for testing when you are on the eastcoast
hang in ther and good luck you I been infected for almost 2 1/2 years treated for a year and a half I have really bad sleep problams so I almost never sleep which leaves me exausted mos of the day
good luck
Ryebeach

Old 11-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Blues View Post
Hi purplepiegirl! Long time no hear. I hope you're doing okay.

I can't imagine that the lab would let the blood sit too long. I don't know what the laws are, but the blood has a shelf life, so they have x many hours to get the test run.

I wouldn't worry.

Let us know what's up with you, okay?

Peace and health to you,
Mickie
'

Wow you have a good memory!! Its been awhile since I have been on this board. Unfortunatly I have been frequenting the Cervical Cancer board I am currently healing from a hysterectomy and doing well. I had given up on my lyme diagnosis for a while until my husband had to work in a llmd office and got to talking with the nurse pract. He was convinced that with my lyme band positive #23 I am for sure with lyme. He quickly got me in to see the Dr. and I had a very positive experience. He was telling me my symptoms before I told him. He has given me blood work (they took 5 viles) and has put me on Doxy for 4 mos. I have not started it yet because I am only 5 wks post op and to be honest a bit nervous that my body needs time to heal before I put it through abx. I think I will start monday because I have not been feeling well again lately so Im talking myself into thinking the sooner the better. Anyway I wanted to make sure that they dont mess up the blood work because I have NO trust in Dr.s or Labs at this point!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 AM   #5
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User
Re: Cd-57 **update**

Update**I guess all went well with the blood work because the llmd called back with positive results. Im waiting for them to fax over the lab results today.

Closed Thread