It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
(female)

april15 HB User
How long after the tick bite can Lyme disease develop?

I have many of the symptoms of Lyme disease. I had a blood test for Lyme, and it came back negative. I've been tested for Lupus, ms, arthritis,...etc, but my rheumatologist says they all come back negative. My labs show that my CRP and sed rate are very high, and my white cell count is on the high side. Right now I am on plaquenil and prednisone for the inflammation.

I am 43 years old. I was bitten by ticks when I was age 12-13, and I have a vague memory of getting a small bullseye rash during that time. I don't remember getting sick at that time. Is it possible to have gotten Lyme from that long ago? Would it stay dormant in my system for all these years? I've been sick for about 7 years now, but it has been a gradual thing. i started getting low grade fevers and joint stiffness, and it has progressed from there. I can barely function now.

Any information on the length of time Lyme bacteria can stay in the body would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
(female)

april15 HB User
Re: How long after the tick bite can Lyme disease develop?

Thanks ticker. I do have many of those symptoms. And yes, I believe I had the ELISA blood test for Lyme. I live in Rochester NY, and would appreciate any doctor recommendations. I will also check out the books you recommended.

Thanks,
april

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi April. I am happy to help.

The steroids could be making your symptoms worse. Be sure to tell the Lyme doctor that you have taken them for eight months.

I am glad your children do not have symptoms.

To confirm or rule out Lyme, it is important to see a knowledgeable doctor.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by april15 View Post

My symptoms have come on gradually, and I'll admit I ignored most of them thinking I was overworked and just getting old.
My entirely unprofessional opinion is that those of us who's sxs develop very slowly over the course of years probably lead a healthier lifestyle and have more active immune systems. The bacteria and protozoans encroach very slowly on those people, whereas some of us with insufficient sleep, nutrition and perhaps chronic stress, become very sick very quickly.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
(female)

jester123 HB User

Hello- I can't help but to notice your story sounds much like mine. I to questioned how long lyme can exist in the body. I am now 34 but when I was 16 I had what I now believe to be a bulls eye rash on my leg. I didn't do anything about it then. It was there for quite sometime. I don't remember having other symptoms at that time, but I can tell you I am in constant pain now. My doctors look at me like I am crazy for thinking of the possibility of lyme.

I finally had my last doctor agree to a lyme test which of course came back negative. They are assuming my pain is RA or some other autoimmune problem. I have had problems with pain the last 3 years but it seems to move. (Back, neck, feet) I have also had iritis, heart palpatations, bouts of extemely high blood pressure, extreme fatigue, and occasionally migraines. My pain in my feet doesn't seem to go away now. It has just migrated to my knee and my hip.

My daughter had a problem last year with fever that wouldn't go away. They tested her for everything including lyme. She had some bands that were positive for lyme but not eneogh to be diagnosed with that. She ended up having cat scratch fever. I thought it was strange she had bands of lyme and thought I may have passed it on in utero. Do you think that is possible?

Sorry for rambling, I could go on and on about my ailments. The point is none of my blood tests are positive for anything. I just wish they wouldn't be ignore lyme as a possibility.

Closed Thread