It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

kdmari HB User
Did your tick bite HURT?

Please see my other recent post for more info. But briefly, I was bitten by something in Jamaica 11 years ago that resulted in a red rash. Dealing with lyme-like symptoms every since. But this bite really hurt. Pulled off my shoe and sock immediately but couldn't find a bug, so it was obviously tiny. My foot started to burn like crazy and I had to keep ice on it for several hours until it returned to normal.

Does this sound like a tick bite?

kd

Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Did your tick bite HURT?

Hi,

some people claim that fleas, mositos, (always forget how to spell that) black flies ect can carrry Lyme bacterias....

have you been to a lyme doctor??

Hope you find some answers soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

I had my bite on my foot also and I dont remember it hurting but the rash was very itchy!! I have been bitten by ticks since and I never even know they are there but I notice them now!!

Old 11-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
(female)

Lebnin HB User

Hi purplepiegirl, My bite hurt like hell and was hot red and burning. this is even as the tick was on. I believethe tick can be attached and you can have a rash. Others believe it takes time to develope, however if you are exercising, applying force to the area via walking on it in a shoe or something to the effect you many show rash immediatly. Also, tick coinfections can and do show immediately when bit. You may have conytracted lyme and or it's coinfections. Please keep reading the boards for info and trying to get diagnosis soon. Take care, Leb

Old 11-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
(female)

kdmari HB User

Thanks for your relies. So a tick bit CAN hurt and cause a burning sensation. Good to know.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
(female)

kdmari HB User

Did anyone else have a painful tick bite? I've been scouring the net looking for information on this, but all I seem to pull up is that usually it's not painful. This bite HURT like crazy, which is the only reason I even remember it so many years later, and as I mentioned, burned for hours later, enough so that I kept ice on it. I wish I could remember exactly how long after the rash developed, but it was soon enough after that my husband & I both felt it must be from the bite (it looked like a dark bruise that radiated out from a center and gradually grew over a period of a few days. The Doctor in Jamaica that I saw said she'd never seen anything like it.)

Thanks in advance for any information!

kd

Closed Thread