It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
back again.

So i know i know i know what u all are going to say. . . but hear me out first.

Well Im having horrible side pains...around my hip/left side. Ive heard its common with lyme?? My dr. doesnt / hasn't given me a real explanation of what it is. But its really been bothering me latley. Not only that..but i've just felt like crap latley. Slight eye pressure/run down. . . sleeping alot. Achy, just kinda in a daze. . . . i started taking zithromax again. But then i stoped it cus i only had like 10 pills. . . So now im out. The dr. last time i was down there said all the bacteria was out of my system and im "cured" . I just will have symptoms for 2 years or so. "posttramaticlyme". I go back to him dec. 17th. :-/ any ideas on what i should do? I know your going to say find another lyme dr. But theres none close to me.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: back again.

Hi eclipse. I am very sorry you are feeling so bad. I don't know if all of your symptoms are from Lyme, but I think it is possible. You have not been properly treated.

In my non-medical opinion, doctors who claim that Lyme symptoms are from "post-Lyme" are not Lyme knowledgeable.

Yes, you really do need to see a better doctor in order to get the treatment you need. Believe me, I know how difficult this is. Many people, including myself, have to travel out of state to see a knowledgeable doctor. Some doctors will spread out appointments and/or do phone consultations in-between for patients who travel to see them. Please talk to your parents about this possibility.

Hang in there okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Michael,

Ticker said it so I won't repeat...

I thought this doctor you are going to was "suppose" to be lyme literate That part confuses me...

Anyway I would see who is closest to you and maybe you and your Mom can make a trip there together...not taking the proper treatment you are only going to back slide....

Sending you a big hug...I know this gets very overwhelming....

Hope you had a good turkey day!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Yea i thought he was a lyme literate dr. aswell. All i know is while im on zithromax i feel fine. Not 100% but the longer im on it the better and better and better im feeling. On a side not can anyone explain if the "side pains" are common at all??

Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Yes it can cause pain in your sides. I remember I had it REALLY bad on my right side. There were times that even my eyelashes hurt...

Have you talked to your Mom about getting you to a different doctor?

Maybe atleast get the one you are seeing to refill your prescriptioin for zith.

have a good day!

Hugs

Old 11-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Michael.

Just wanted to pop in and give you a bit of encouragement. Sorry to hear you're on a roller-coaster.

The good news is that you seem to have found a drug that helps you. I tried different drugs for about two years before I found one that made me feel better.

So if you do get to a new doctor, at least you know what works for you.

Hang in there!

Mickie

Old 11-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Blues View Post
Hi Michael.

Just wanted to pop in and give you a bit of encouragement. Sorry to hear you're on a roller-coaster.

The good news is that you seem to have found a drug that helps you. I tried different drugs for about two years before I found one that made me feel better.

So if you do get to a new doctor, at least you know what works for you.

Hang in there!

Mickie
Thanks, im trying. Its really starting to affect me mentally again. I just get these overwhelming feelings of how much im missing out on my youth. Not dating/college/normal things kids do. All i do is work feel sick come home and stair at the computer/tv. I push myself to work out, thats the only thing that gives me feelings of accomplishment. I worry/and just get depressed so easily again. I'm fighting it, but honestly its just getting worse and worse

Closed Thread