It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

brimmy HB User
Question for those of us who experience tingling and other similar odd sensations

If tingling and other odd sensations, like feeling as if your skin is stretched too tight for instance, is amongst your chronic sxs have you noticed these experiences becoming both more persistent and more severe since starting your therapeutic protocol? I've found very little discussion here of that particular set of sxs and was wondering if I'm alone in this pattern.

Beginning in about month 7 of my illness I experienced some odd sensations in the skin of my right foot. It progressed into some tingling, but remained pretty much confined to my lower leg. Since I started trace mineral replacement, vitamin support, and especially Samento and Cumanda therapy, those sensations have spread throughout all my limbs and are present pretty much constantly now. It would seem the therapy has decreased the bacterial load in some areas as both my sex drive and energy level have improved noticeably, but the tingling and other weird sensations have gotten crazy.

Edit: had to repair some of my poor english. Het spijt me.

Last edited by brimmy; 11-24-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
(male)

Rodney99 HB User
Re: Question for those of us who experience tingling and other similar odd sensations

Yes tingling is one of my major symptoms. It feels like I have goosebumps but there are no bumps! I feel them all over my scalp and face, legs, and arms. It feels like skin tightening. Doctors call this parasthesis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
(male)

brimmy HB User
Re: Question for those of us who experience tingling and other similar odd sensations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney99 View Post
Yes tingling is one of my major symptoms. It feels like I have goosebumps but there are no bumps! I feel them all over my scalp and face, legs, and arms. It feels like skin tightening. Doctors call this parasthesis.
Rodney has your paresthesia grown substantially worse since you've begun treatment?

Old 11-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Actually it got worse at first, now it is much better.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Since I started treatment (it's only been a week-and i've had lyme for at least 8 years) it's moved. Somedays it's my left leg, some days my right arm.....it ebbs and flows.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney99 View Post
Actually it got worse at first, now it is much better.
Rodney are you pursuing the prescription antibiotic or the herbal route for your therapy, and how long would you say you experienced a worsening of the paresthesis before noticing improvement? Thanks very much for your responses.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
Since I started treatment (it's only been a week-and i've had lyme for at least 8 years) it's moved. Somedays it's my left leg, some days my right arm.....it ebbs and flows.
Is your treatment prescription antibiotics, Aimiloo?

Old 11-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #8
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimmy View Post
Is your treatment prescription antibiotics, Aimiloo?
Yup! 100 mg Doxy, 3 times a day at the moment.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi- not sure if this will help but parathesis was my first sx. Within 4 months was top of head to feet except for front torso and that added in after 3 more months. Been head to toe for over 9 months. I have been on Tetracycline for 3 months. I would have to say that the severity of the numbness and tingling has gotten worse over these three months. Many of my other neuro sx that were more intermittent have gotten much better (urinary incontinence, brain fog, slurred words, crawly skin, sensitive to heat, etc) but the numbness and nerve pain (like whole body is a toothache) and weakness has gotten worse. I am encouraged for the progress and feel that if I wait it out, the ohter stuff will follow. For me, it is because it seems that the sx that have been with me the longest are the last to go and that seems realistic.

Hope that helps- Be well.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandvoort View Post
Hi- not sure if this will help but parathesis was my first sx. Within 4 months was top of head to feet except for front torso and that added in after 3 more months. Been head to toe for over 9 months. I have been on Tetracycline for 3 months. I would have to say that the severity of the numbness and tingling has gotten worse over these three months. Many of my other neuro sx that were more intermittent have gotten much better (urinary incontinence, brain fog, slurred words, crawly skin, sensitive to heat, etc) but the numbness and nerve pain (like whole body is a toothache) and weakness has gotten worse. I am encouraged for the progress and feel that if I wait it out, the ohter stuff will follow. For me, it is because it seems that the sx that have been with me the longest are the last to go and that seems realistic.

Hope that helps- Be well.
Zandvoort? Ben je Nederlandse? I think foreign languages are forbidden here though. I was infected I think in Nederland of Duitsland.

Also with me has the paresthesia grown worse while other sxs have noticeably remitted. I use the herbal route for antimicrobial effect though and the improvement has taken months but it comes still. I wonder if the the bones/muscles aan your arms and legs provide a better hiding place for the bacteria.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
(male)

brimmy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
Yup! 100 mg Doxy, 3 times a day at the moment.
Thanks Amiloo. Will you update on this thread as your prescription therapy continues so we can see how your paresthesia progresses with further treatment?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #12
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimmy View Post
Thanks Amiloo. Will you update on this thread as your prescription therapy continues so we can see how your paresthesia progresses with further treatment?
absolutely. i'll be around

Old 11-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #13
(male)

Rodney99 HB User

Mostly just Antibiotics at this point, although I have dabbled with cat's claw and colloidal silver. To tell you the truth the parasthesis has slowly faded. I hardly notice it anymore. I am on a drug called depakote and that may help the tingling as well. Not sure which is doing it. Hang in there.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

No apologies necessary for spelling!

I expereinced this tingling in my feet. I cannot recall exactly how far into my treatment it occured, maybe a year and a half in (been three years under treatment so far).

I did not have this tingling prior to begining treatment.

When it did occur, it was just awful. My feet felt as if they were filled with adrelaline. They felt as if they were buzzing and they wanted to explode. It drove me crazy. Walking around didn't help. I just waited it out and it would go away after an hour or two. It would return the next day or a few hours later.

I remember the feeling and it was not good. Hang in there.

Peace and health to all,
Mickie

Last edited by 6Blues; 11-26-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hey Brimmy- I lived in Zandvorrt while on a special assignment for about 6 months. I loved it! My whole family came too. My husband wanted to stay but though I loved the people and culture, I really missed the sun. They said it was the worst summer in 30 years! My grandmother was from Amsterdam.
Be well.

Closed Thread