It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

rachelle01 HB User
Cant tolerate any of my med's like I used to?

After I became ill and got my LYME diagnoses, I noticed that i was not able to take much medication at all...especially my pain med's...they made me feel even worse and added to the anxiety. I have tried several times to take small dose of vicodin, but it just makes me soooo sick...more dizzy too and it never bothered me before I was ill? even some supplements I used to take are making me jittery? anyone experience this? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
(female)

chinookshay HB User
Re: Cant tolerate any of my med's like I used to?

I have and am currently experiencing all that too. I have been battling this for eight years. I have tried everything and was think I was getting medication sensitivity. I have recently started taking Buspar for the anxiety and it seems to be helping a LOT. I got to where when I took anything I would panic so bad I was not able to even think clear and remember anything. I was even afraid to drive or just leave the house. I am on my fourth week of zithro now and am having some difficulties with the normal dizzy and headaches but I seem to be tolerating it all now that I have the anxiety meds right. I strongly urge seeing a doctor that treats anxiety or "psych" problems to get the right med for you. I went through my GP and never got anything but the anti depressants that ALWAYS made the anxiety worse, then I got to a "psych" doc that got me the right stuff. I have been on it now for a month and a half and doing good. I go to work about 35 to 40 hours a week now and had missed nearly 3 weeks before the meds. Everyone is different so they might not work for you, but seeing a doc that treats it to see what is right is best, in my opinion. Hang in there we will get through this. Have faith and keep a smile.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread