It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
(male)

bsimons14 HB User
Do you know of any doctors that could help me get treatment?

A long time back this board helped me find treatment for Lyme and it really really worked. During the time I was able to get my career on track, find a fiance and begin to really establish myself. Only problem was Dr. I was seeing became very costly. Next thing I realized I was 15 k in the hole and I had to stop seeing him even though treatment wasn't done.

Once I came off the medicine I have steadily spiraled downwards. I'm currently trying to investigate who I can see with lower costs. The doctor I had previously seen Dr. B now wants $800 a month plus meds, shots etc and $1300 up front!! That is simply not reasonable for me.

I have tried to go other routes again seeing Psychiatrists and Psychologists but they have ruled out everything....thank god...no depression....no anxiety....no bipolar...no thyroid.....they are very very confused with my symptoms and are adament about seeing what the results would be if I took a Western Blot. Both Dr.'s really wonder why I would have such a brain fog and such pains in my arms, legs, neck and back, memory loss,fatigue etc.

I have tried healthy diets, herbs and steady exercise but none help.

Do you know of any doctors that could help me get treatment?

I am mostly looking for a Dr. who can give me Rocephin and not just a small dose. I'm talking like 6 weeks IV treatment mixed with some Doxycycline. These are the meds that worked best for me. I have good insurance with Aetna but know most Lyme Dr's won't accept. Would prefer to stay in Philly but if necessary I am willing to travel anywhere in the U.S. atleast once. I would prefer to give the treatment to myself or have a nurse come to my place to do so.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-28-2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: please do not post to specific members or names - all topics are open to all members

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
(female)

sonshyn HB User
Re: Do you know of any doctors that could help me get treatment?

if it were me and i knew what med helped, i would ask a current doc if they would subscribe those for you. and/or find them online out of country if need be. ask your current doc if they will treat you according to someone else's protocol. there are lyme treatment protocols all over - perhaps even the doc you were seeing would share his with your current doc. that is just what i would do.
also, many with lyme have been helped with taking silver which you do not need a scrip for - you might want to do some research on that.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi bsimons. Was this the doctor in Colmar? If so, I have heard he is very expensive. The only Lyme doctor I know of in PA is in Hermitage. I know of two in NJ: in Jackson and in West Caldwell. Is that closer for you?

Even if the doctor does not take insurance, you can submit the bills to your company for reimbursement. Insurance should help with the cost of the meds.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Bill S HB User

I recommend the doc I used; see the "great docs sticky" for my post. B. Robert M. He is in Rockville MD. Does not take insurance unfortunately.

Any doc wanting "upfront money" and a set amount per month sounds very fishy to me. I'd find someone else.

My doc spends alot of time with people; the initial visit was 1 1/2 hrs - initial visit and testing (Igenex Lymes, co-infections, some other tests) was over $1000. Subsequent visits tended to be 45-minute followups, and cost about $140. He used a lot of herbal supplements and minerals in addition to normal abx (in my case, Cefzil and Tindamax).

I'm cured as far as we can determine, and I'm very fortunate to have found this doc. He gave me my life back...

Last edited by Bill S; 12-12-2007 at 03:21 AM.

Closed Thread