It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User
If I feel good on Doxy...

does it mean its not working? I just started a few days ago and I feel fine just a little tummy trouble(which I have anyway!) Im taking 200mg a day and Im on for 4 mos. I also took it last yr for a month and I didnt have any problems. Once I stopped though is when I started getting joint pain.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
(female)

Aimiloo HB User
Re: If I feel good on Doxy...

I believe that it's said that the minimum doxy dose to treat lyme is 300mg-600mg

I'm on 300 mg a day at the moment. I know not everyone has herx issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi purplepiegirl. The recommended dose of Doxy for Lyme is 300-600 mg daily. Like with any infection, it is important to get proper treatment. I don't know if you would herx on a lower dose.

Have you been tested for the co-infections?

Last edited by ticker; 11-29-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:20 AM   #4
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

Well the Dr. said for my size that is the recommended dose. I was tested for the coinfections too but havnt talk to the dr. yet. He feels with my symptoms I have Babesiosis.

Last edited by purplepiegirl; 11-30-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User

You're lucky you're doing ok on the Doxy.. I was hoping I'd be.. I just started it yesterday, and threw up a half hour after my first dose. Been extremely dizzy after nearly each dose since. (I'm doing a Doxy/Omnicef combo now.. was on Omnicef/Biaxin for 3 months prior) Ugh.. do you think I'll get used to it?

Old 12-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

Im sorry you are feeling so bad. My dr. told me to sandwich the doxy. He said take a bite of applesauce, doxy and then another bite of applesauce. This may help with the nausea.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi purplepiegirl. Are you seeing a Lyme doctor?

I am not a medical professional, but it is my understanding certain doses need to be given to be effective. I think Dr. B's guidelines recommend 400-600 mg Doxy daily for adults.

Is your doctor planning on treating the Babesiosis? Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. This was true in my case.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #8
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi purplepiegirl. Are you seeing a Lyme doctor?

I am not a medical professional, but it is my understanding certain doses need to be given to be effective. I think Dr. B's guidelines recommend 400-600 mg Doxy daily for adults.

Is your doctor planning on treating the Babesiosis? Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. This was true in my case.
Yes I am seeing a llmd. He actually goes by Dr. b for the most part and gave me a his booklet advanced topics on lyme to look over. He said that because of my size this is the recommended dose. He also told me that he wanted to treat the lyme first so I dont know At the time though he was treating the lyme using the blood work I had previously had done and just suspect the coinfection due to my symptoms. He did order tons of blood work and I recieved a call telling me that lyme was positive but I didnt get to talk to the Dr. himself to ask about the coinfections.

Ticker-let me ask you one more question. I was infected more than 13 yrs ago and last year I had a western blot that came up negetive except for my IGM 23 was positive. This is wierd to me because I read that the IGM is normally positive early on. Why would mine be positive after all this time?
(I hope that made sense!!lol)

Last edited by purplepiegirl; 12-08-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Closed Thread