It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
(male)

aapergis HB User
tick bite from Mid fl west coast generalized rash crick in neck

manatee springs park
I had a tick on me for a few days, My girlfriend thought it was a mole. but, looked closer, and it had symmetry. so, she said it was a tick , and pulled it off with tissue paper. I threw it out, it was moving.not dark or bright, but in between in color. after removing, I had a red mark, the size of a dime, it never increased in size. but, thickened. Like a pimple. but, no pus. I tried to pop it. but, nothing, I was a hard red nodule. that lasted a few weeks. this happened in june 07, during camping. I have had a crick in my need that lasted two weeks and headaches that dont go away. I took some imitrex that a relative had for the headaches. only thing that seemed to work.
Recently, I have a received a very itchy rash. In my groin area. looks like jock itch. but, antifungal sprays , do nothing. I also, have pin point rashes on my forearms, and under my arms. along with, mosquito bites, looking along my lower legs. I itch everywhere basically.
I dont know if this was caused by a tick, I dont have insurance. I could probably just buy some docy over the internet.
has anyone ever had these kind of symptoms?
I am just out of tampa florida.
I probably have alot more symptoms, like depression and moody. but, just thought that was normal.
Also, getting huge boil, that eventually pop. with pus oozing out.

Fred

Last edited by aapergis; 11-30-2007 at 07:05 AM.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User
Re: tick bite from Mid fl west coast generalized rash crick in neck

Hello,

I was in Florida and uninsured when I realized that my prior "normal" one month of treatment of doxy had not worked and all my symptoms came on full blown. I went to the local health department and pretty much demanded a lyme test and even though the doctor argued with me because he said once positive, always positive, he did it. It came back with more bands than before.

I would not suggest getting doxy over the internet. Try and get tested first and let the doctor give you something. I knew nothing and I mean nothing about lyme and especially the co-infections, which in my case are far worse.

I also had the neck issues, it would pop like it was broke and hurt all the time. I also had the headaches. I had a few rashes but was not sure if it was from the Florida heat or not. Those three things have cleared up for me at this time but still have lots of other symptoms.

I am sure Ticker will reply and send you the list of symptoms. You will be surprised if you have not seen it yet.

Sorry I do not know about the tick bite. I never recalled a tick just remember having a small red circle on my arm that everyone said was a spider bite.

Good luck,
Tammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 02:28 AM   #3
(female)

ryebeach HB User
Re: tick bite from Mid fl west coast generalized rash crick in neck

Hi Aapergus
Definately do not buy any kind of medicine over the internet If you do not have insurance there is a well known pharmacy that offer prescritions for 5 dollars and also another place on line you may be able to recieve meds for free from the pharmacutical compnies also many counties have special programs for such things when individuals are working but can not afford insurance you can apply for I don't think I can mention any specifac names on this threat but I believe there is quite a bit of assistance you could find
Definately persue the lyme treatment if you know of a tick bite If you go online they will show info on identifying ticks and show info on rashes from tick bites
Good luck and keep us posted
Ryebeach

Closed Thread